BS readings

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry cold ethyl, it's the stress you will be back in a good place v soon, ::))

I think the stress will have upped it also enzyme lag as I rarely eat that many carbs in one go. I had a smaller portion earlier in week and was at 5.1 at 3 hrs so guess just too much, too much stress and too much rotten cold virus.

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I've had a miserable day. A dear friend with cancer who has been in hospice this last week died today. Sensible food went out the window. 12.8 at almost bedtime. The whole family were with him at the end. So sad

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a miserable day. A dear friend with cancer who has been in hospice this last week died today. Sensible food went out the window. 12.8 at almost bedtime. The whole family were with him at the end. So sad

So sorry. Have a hug. Such a rotten time of year to have it happen at too, though no time is great to lose a loved one and friend. X

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

That's so sad Alliebee :( Thoughts are with you .... take care please won't you.

mike

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've only tested blood sugars occasionally since Tuesday and they've ranged between 8 - 10.1.
Thats with having a cold and temperature and in bed the last two days. Im hoping I'm over the worst of it now. Still dont feel like eating anything except buttered toast but I've been drinking loads water.

Missing you guys. Hope everyone's keeping well. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That's so sad Allie. Please do take care xx

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting pre breakfast 5.1 1 weetabix with 3oz milk and hand ful blueberries.

1hr later 5.3

Pre lunch 5.2 3 dark ryvita with Brussels pate

1hr later 6.0

1 hr later 6.3

Pre dinner 4.1 ham on the bone, lettuce, pickled beetroot and red cabbage.

1hr later 5.2

Snack 2 squares of 85% chocolate and a hand full salted peanuts.

Before bed 5.2

Normal only have 2 ryvita crispbreads. But as I had not ate much today decided to try 3.

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 before dinner
ate far too many chips and fish- then had to take cat to vets for emergency treatment- 11.1!!!!! Highest I have sen on my meter ever so losing 4st hasn't reversed anything here.
Ahh...hope puss gets better soon C E ......and you too of course!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gosh, alliance, how sad. Thinking of you .

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Cold ethyl, yes it has ! You have done so well, reading your posts has encouraged many on here!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kitty lots better today. Vet ringing later to check she's ok. Thinks she has eaten something that hasn't agreed with her. She is lying on fed with me feeling as sorry for herself as I am. X

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Kitty lots better today. Vet ringing later to check she's ok. Thinks she has eaten something that hasn't agreed with her. She is lying on fed with me feeling as sorry for herself as I am. X
Take care CE ... and hope kitty's well or on her way :)

Mike

Reactions: 3 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @alliebee, sorry to hear your sad news. Loosing someone is always hard but I think it's worst at this time of the year.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
5.1 fasting (lowest one yet)
6.5 after breakfast (blueberries - spike me more than other berries)
5.8 before lunch
7.1 after 2hrs (where did that come from? My normal Saturday lunch. Can only put it down to strenuous cleaning before testing)
5.3 after 3 hours
4.9 before tea
Tea not tested
5.2 at bedtime

Note to self. No more strenuous cleaning. ;)

Reactions: 10 people