Step into Spring

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. Well it was gloss paint today. And I have another room to gloss this evening. The next job will be stripping paper in the bathroom. I did have a speedy walk through town this afternoon too. It is so very cold today which made my walking speedier than usual! Lol :) one day soon i will be back to my swimming.

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I did a 30 minute walk at lunch time and today the same...if its not too cold when I get home from doing a supermarket sweep this evening I might drag myself out for another walk .

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
23 minutes peddling, 3 minutes sit ups, cleaned some more paintwork and 15 minutes walk at lunchtime.

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well the snows gone but the paths are skating rinks. Hoping it melts then I lol go for a walk

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys! I did a 1.7 mile walk, mostly uphill this morning. OK it was forced on me 'cos I needed to walk home from the garage after dropping my car and my family are all away until Monday, but I did it at an average speed of 2.5 miles an hour. I'm encouraged to try harder now that I have actually achieved something. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went for a walk at a local beauty spot today. It was a beautiful but cold... 1hr 15 mins in total.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422122468.682831.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422122491.013940.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422122507.831148.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422122527.382149.jpg

It's Burns Night tomorrow (not that I understand any of the poems ) so we decided to spend this afternoon doing Burns tourist things.
We went to Souter Johnnies Cottage and had lunch close by.
We went to Alloway , Brig a doon and Burns Cottage . Been to them all a few times , it meant I walked around for a total of over an hour ? Took some nice photos too.

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks lovely.

Well done @zand

Today I've done 4 mins sit ups, peddled for 38 minutes so far and spent over an hr scrubbing and rearranging the pantry. Need to do some more peddling as I've stopped my metformin for a few days to see if the muscle pains and burning feeling I keep getting goes.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys! I did a 1.7 mile walk, mostly uphill this morning. OK it was forced on me 'cos I needed to walk home from the garage after dropping my car and my family are all away until Monday, but I did it at an average speed of 2.5 miles an hour. I'm encouraged to try harder now that I have actually achieved something. :)

Brilliant @zand!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@cold ethyl, you inspired me into doing more than run. I managed 20 crunches and 10 full sit-ups (though I was mostly floundering like a beached whale):D Hey we've all got to start somewhere right?!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422196753.681752.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422196774.081256.jpg

Walked around our local park for 100 minutes this morning. Good to be active and get fresh air, feeling much better for it

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This really is a brilliant thread. Superb photographs and really interesting posts. Brilliant everybody. Thank you :)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fabulous picture jamrox. Sorry I have been lazy today. Just been plodding around the house.... Will do bette tomorrow

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10 mins peddling then an 11/2 hrs walking this afternoon. Nice to be out and I picked up a nice skirt in the sales and a jumper- need to keep the exercise going so the jumper fits!!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Ive had a lazy onsie weekend...............must do more in the week.