Step into Spring

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ok just to confirm I had a skive day yesterday... I got up early will good intentions of going for a long walk and then I couldn't be bothered lol So I practically stayed in my PJ's for most of the day. I did to my washing and baked some crustless quickes for my lunch this week but that is as active as I got..... the rest of the time I stayed curled up on the sofa.

I promise I will do better today :0
Stay warm everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did a 30 min walk at lunch time and 35 minutes when I got home from work - hopefully that makes up for my skiving yesterday :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1421702362.219602.jpg

The paths and roads around where I live this morning. To dangerous and freezing .

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. It seems ages since I posted so sorry. I must say the seascape was beautiful. I have been painting, up and down ladders for days now. But we had a lazy morning yesterday but then in the afternoon I dashed about catching up on all the cleaning so I think I have been more active than usual. :)

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I did about 30 minutes walking - also cleaned the bathrooms and changed bed so figure I got my exercise in. Today I'm at an evening course so will have to settle for 15 minutes walk and a trolley dash round aldi.

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Cold ethyl what's the evening course ?
The paths around my home are still packed with ice and my garage door is now frozen so I am grounded and can't get to numb bum.

I hereby promise that when this cold weather is over I will work extra and loose this 7lb that has attached itself to my belly since beginning of December

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The paths around my home are still packed with ice and my garage door is now frozen so I am grounded and can't get to numb bum.

I hereby promise that when this cold weather is over I will work extra and loose this 7lb that has attached itself to my belly since beginning of December

It's 7 week CBT thing about coping with stress. Tonight's involved telling us all to eat carbs!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm off to west Africa again on Friday (Cote d'Ivoire) so today I had to go into Exeter to pick up my supply of malaria tablets. That gives the opportunity for a brisk uphill walk from St Davids into the city centre, so around 60 minutes walking booked altogether.

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I did a 30 minute walk at lunchtime.. It was a beautiful clear day - compared to this morning which is grey :( Today if it carries on raining I wont be walking, so will have to settle for walking up and down 4 flights of stairs instead grrrrrr

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im quite impressed I'm now managing more on the exercise bike,

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
16 mins peddling this morning before coming out , in between ironing, making soup , tidying etc.. Will do rest tonight.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
65 minutes walking for me. On the way home I popped in to see a friend and her husband have a mini gym, they have a treadmill, an excercise bike a cross trainer and a rowing machine.... Having tried them all if only for a few minutes lol with the exception of the treadmill, think I will stick with my walking...

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Total of about 20 minutes walking dragging a heavy (wheeled) suitcase to the station, on the tube etc, and 40 minutes without.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Finally was able to go for a walk after tea. Paths still covered in ice and snow but roads ok.
I had done a short walk at lunchtime so did 30 minutes in 2 stints.

My spare tyre is coming back so I need to get back at it and loose this half a stone .

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny mixed bag today. 15 minutes walking , 11 mins peddling , 4 mins sit ups and 20 minutes cleaning windows and bathroom sinks.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Walked up the 11 office floors and dragged that suitcase on and off trains to hotel at Heathrow. It's comforting to think that 10 months ago the weight of that suitcase was bonded to my body, now it's gone.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
ok just to confirm I had a skive day yesterday... I got up early will good intentions of going for a long walk and then I couldn't be bothered lol So I practically stayed in my PJ's for most of the day. I did to my washing and baked some crustless quickes for my lunch this week but that is as active as I got..... the rest of the time I stayed curled up on the sofa.

I promise I will do better today :0
Stay warm everyone

LOL! I did that on Friday! - spent most of the day in PJs feeling just awful. I can't remember the last time I did that - it's feels kind of indulgent even when you are sick. Felt better for it though.;)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Hey @Jamrox, you could always strip off - the extra energy your body will need to keep warm will have you burning through that extra tum in no time!:D

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hoppy jogs going well, in between the odd limpy walk. I think I need to follow @cold ethyl' s example though with some sit-ups. Must get my waist line in shape.:eek:

Reactions: 5 people