Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is that you Diana? What's with the name change?

Yes, 'tis me, Rod. You not only have a lot of catching up to do with Mrs S, but a lot of reading to do here. Ooooh the gossip while you've been away! And there's been a near mutiny....;)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks. I should be used to it as I have fibromylagia but I was at end of tether xx
Blimey... too much pain... was the pain in your muscles different then? Is that why you called the doctor? How do you get it? Is it from diabetes, or hereditary? Or do you injure yourself and get left with residual pain? Have you ever tried a TENS machine? I read about them not long ago.. I wonder how effective they would be against that sort of pain... Good to know you have a doctor who listens though... small, bright spot... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
4.9 this morning.. Sleeping properly here in this quiet hotel with no cats.. :) I am sure I get into the fasting 5's and even low 6's because my cats are in and out of their window-cat-flap in our bedroom and they break my sleep... :cat::cat: They thump onto the table we keep there for them, then prrrpppp as they hit the floor - they're 13 now so squeaking a bit, bless... Then I'm awake... I wish we'd made the hole in another window but there's a table on the verandah the other side too.. :) I'll have to think about it... The trouble is, we have their two sons coming in the door flap on the other side of the house... :cat::cat: They were separated for a couple of years and now they cannot tolerate each other it seems... :rolleyes: madness... :) I cannot believe I put up with it... :happy:

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pavlosdog

I am constipated but I think I expect it to happen as I am only having so little to eat I don't feel the need to go to the loo everyday. To be honest I could go upto 4 days at times.
Any eye drops you could suggest or someone who is going through this might suggest.
I might have to talk to my doc about met coz I never ever had these problems before and all of them started as soon as I started taking met.

You could increase your veg intake which would help, also drink plenty of water. You can get eye drops/eye sprays over the counter, a Pharmacist would advise you of the best one for you or your GP may prescribe some, I'm prescribed Optive as I have dry eyes. Also discuss Metformin with your GP, it doesn't suit everyone.

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I do try to eat as many as I can but then again what I love is what I cant eat and that is not potatoes as never liked them too much but carrots I love and I cant eat I mean in limits ok but not as much as I want. I am having mushrooms everyday, I will try and increase the veggies more, Unfortunately due to it being so cold I have stopped salad which used to be a bowl full but might have to restart it again.

Know what you mean, I am not mad on veg but am experimenting. I find the Mediterranean veg packs are good and have veg I enjoy in them. I've also discovered creamed cabbage in Sainsburys which has next to no carbs and is yummy as it has a lovely creamy sauce. How about trying some homemade soup?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey... too much pain... was the pain in your muscles different then? Is that why you called the doctor? How do you get it? Is it from diabetes, or hereditary? Or do you injure yourself and get left with residual pain? Have you ever tried a TENS machine? I read about them not long ago.. I wonder how effective they would be against that sort of pain... Good to know you have a doctor who listens though... small, bright spot... :)

I fell over and hurt my back years ago and it set if off. Stress makes it worse as does excess lactic acid from exercise .. Hence Metformin making things worse as it alters way body metabolises glucose, and can cayuse problems with lactic acid build up. Tens might help the usual pain but this was just a bit more painful than I have had before so I called GP.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe 1800 calories is too much? Have you checked on-line to see what your personal requirements are? My Fitness Pal will tell you. You did say you were eating a massive amount of flaxseed a day - lots of calories and fat in that.

Also, you are on insulin? That doesn't help so I believe.

Hi @Bluetit1802 and @Sable_Jan My calorie intake has reduced since losing a bit of weight and was calculated on myfitnesspal, it should be a bit more than 1800 tbh but I try to stick to that. I am on insulin, I was hoping it wouldn't interfere with my weight loss too much, drat! I think I have about two level tbsps flax a day. I wondered if I was eating too much cream actually; I might cut it down and see if that makes any difference, and reduce the flax intake a bit.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

That reminds me, those Aktipatch on tv sound like they work on same principle as TENS. Must go online request my free trial one, esp way my shoulder has been....

S

Sable_Jan

Hi @Bluetit1802 and @Sable_Jan My calorie intake has reduced since losing a bit of weight and was calculated on myfitnesspal, it should be a bit more than 1800 tbh but I try to stick to that. I am on insulin, I was hoping it wouldn't interfere with my weight loss too much, drat! I think I have about two level tbsps flax a day. I wondered if I was eating too much cream actually; I might cut it down and see if that makes any difference, and reduce the flax intake a bit.
Hadn't thought of meds affecting weight loss until @Bluetit1802 mentioned it, what a pain.... :(:(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlovsdog I have 20g of flax a day, which is 2 very heaped tbsps. 20g is 113 cals, 4g protein, 9g fat and 6g fibre. Cream is much more calorific with no protein or fibre.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yippee I am home nearly forgot what the place looked like. Time for a cup a tea before unpacking things:):D

Reactions: 21 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
970 57 55 55 746 12

This is what I have got from fitness pal I just put what I had today, but in this I added one wholemeal roti for dinner which was 30g carbs which I might or might not have so in all it was about 27g carbs for the day.
I dont think this is too little or is it?
It is a nice thing to have I guess
I am hoping I have not missed anything in my meal all day.
I would may be add 200 calories and 10 more carbs to it for a + - just in case I eat extra but more or less it is this

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
970 57 55 55 746 12

This is what I have got from fitness pal I just put what I had today, but in this I added one wholemeal roti for dinner which was 30g carbs which I might or might not have so in all it was about 27g carbs for the day.
I dont think this is too little or is it?
It is a nice thing to have I guess
I am hoping I have not missed anything in my meal all day.
I would may be add 200 calories and 10 more carbs to it for a + - just in case I eat extra but more or less it is this

Are you still trying to follow a very low calorie diet? 970 calories is starvation level! My Fitness Pal should have told you that. It does if I don't hit enough calories. Why are you tracking sugar? Sugar is included in the carb amount. Fibre would be better.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you still trying to follow a very low calorie diet? 970 calories is starvation level! My Fitness Pal should have told you that. It does if I don't hit enough calories. Why are you tracking sugar? Sugar is included in the carb amount. Fibre would be better.
Hi Bt

I just opened an account now and did this first time so will get a day or two to get used to it
I wouldnt be surprised if i do eat that many calories in a day as I really do not snack or eat any other time apart from 3 meal times and I have been like that since beginning
But definitely I was eating more at that time but thrice in a day, I dont like snacking a lot.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bt

I just opened an account now and did this first time so will get a day or two to get used to it
I wouldnt be surprised if i do eat that many calories in a day as I really do not snack or eat any other time apart from 3 meal times and I have been like that since beginning
But definitely I was eating more at that time but thrice in a day, I dont like snacking a lot.

Have you set your goals on MFP and entered your personal details, lifestyle and so on? You can say how much weight you want to lose and it will tell you how many calories to eat. For me personally, and I am a 67 year old lady, fairly sedentary in comparison to many, I stuck to 1200 calories a day and lost all my weight at between 1 and 2lbs a week (4st 4lbs) I am now struggling a bit to maintain and am on 1650 plus calories a day, which includes between 50g and 60g of carbs on average. Pasha says he is on 1800 cals a day. That is nearly twice yours. You will have to increase your fats and protein if you don't want to increase your carbs.

Reactions: 5 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just went with the defaults I just entered my height weight and thats it, I called myself sedentary, although I walk about 2 miles a day I still said that.
After being on so low car and low calories I dont know how i managed to gain 10 kilos
Although I would be honest initially I was eating bread i think two slices a day but I stopped that more than two months ago as when I mentioned my diet here someone recommended me to reduce bread so I stopped it completely.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just went with the defaults I just entered my height weight and thats it, I called myself sedentary, although I walk about 2 miles a day I still said that.
After being on so low car and low calories I dont know how i managed to gain 10 kilos
Although I would be honest initially I was eating bread i think two slices a day but I stopped that more than two months ago as when I mentioned my diet here someone recommended me to reduce bread so I stopped it completely.

Go back to goals, use the "change goals" option, then "custom". Then enter your personal nutrient goals. You can play around with them by changing the percentages.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to go off topic but what's the benefit of this My Fitness Pal app? Is it worth getting?

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood
4.9 Day 1
4.8 Day 2
5.9 Day 3
5.0 Day 4
5.6 Day 5
5.4 Day 6 Today ......Average 5.26 fast on test. Does not appear at the moment to be making much difference, will continue.

Average 5.353 mmol/L Fasting since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

Metformin at midnight, with two 'Baby Bel' cheese's and black coffee, as it says take with food, went to bed 1.00am. Up at 7.40am.

Neil

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.