Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 before dinner
5.6 after 1 hour of carb heavy dinner as I only ate a max of 15g each day in last few days so decided to treat myself with few spoons of rice with red kidney beans
5.2 after 2 hours
5.4 fasting
Stayed in 5's all day but did keep the test kit in room
Hopefully those readings on 6 and 7 were a blip
I had my a1c done in november
Haven't seen the doc since but should I book an appointment and ask them to give me a1c test form again and will they do it?
Having really bad pain I think I am developing a frost bite on a finger on my feet.

Reactions: 14 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
5.2 on this balmy February morning (-3.5oC when taking the dogs out!)

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting blood 4.9 at 06.15 today, then 6.1 at 08.00 just as I was about to have breakfast. Don't know what is going on there I'm sure :confused:

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 for me this morning... my fault I consumed too many nuts and too many breakfast balls. Ho hum at least I know why and what not to do. Thinking of buying a straight jacket to wear in the evening... as I am developing a munchie habit I didn't used to have.

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
London has joined most of the UK we have snow :):):) i am a big kid at heart. That's why i work with teenagers

Reactions: 13 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood
Day 1..Day 2..Day 3..Day 4..Day 5..Day 6..Day 7..Day 8....Day 9...Day10....Day 11...Day12
.4.9........4.8.......5.9......5.0.......5.6.......5.4.....5.7........5.8..........5.9........5.6........5.7.........5.5

Today ......Average 5.48 fast on test. Looking at these averages does not seem to be making any difference, it is disappointing, the original Averages was based on 77 readings.

Normal Average Fasting 5.353 mmol/L since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

Early readings 4.9 & 4.8 when I first changed the time I took the Metformin & thought this looks interesting, The jury's out.

l will continue.

This is Metformin at Midnight, went right this time had Medication on Time 1 x Babybel.

Neil

Reactions: 16 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 on batch 44 unadjusted - popped in bed with me for an hour to warm them up as room freezing.

Reactions: 17 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime - 6.8
Fasting - 6.3

It seems my request to my GP for Forxiga last year may not have fallen on deaf ears afterall. Yesterday I had a phonecall from a private dietician who explained I had been referred to her by my GP. She has offered me an appointment for this Thursday morning and also asked me to bring my bs diary and my food diary, and followed it by saying she would like me to take my bs at least 4 times a day between now and the appointment. She wants to know my fasting, bedtime and before and 2 hours after meals bs.

Hurrah! - a dietician who encourages the same testing as we are advised here :)

Reactions: 20 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning, batch 44 and unadjusted- same batch last night at bed had me 6.8!! Now, I'd not left the 5's all day again and had only 29gm total daily carbs so I know that 6.8 was totally out !! Also, it would mean I decreased overnight again instead of regular flat or slight rise!! Still have two unopened tubs to use too. As much as I know I'm doing ok it's frustrating from the control pedantic side of me!

Reactions: 16 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My comparison experiment continues with batch 44

Bedtime Accu chek 5.0: Codefree 5.4
This morning Accu Chek 5.1: Codefree 5.3

So nothing outlandish between the two meters and all readings within my normal range, but I did keep them overnight in my knicker drawer :facepalm: as we had high minus numbers outside last night. My fingers are sore from over testing yesterday so I won't do as many tests today but will still continue with the experiment.

After 16 different tests using both meters, no re-tests, the batch 44 averaged 0.4mmol/l higher, with just 5 readings the same or similar. But who is to say the Accu Chek isn't reading too low?

Reactions: 13 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Just had a bowl of porridge but discovered I have no coconut oil left so put a hug blob of extra thick cream in instead.
I'll check again in a couple of hours.

Reactions: 15 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.1 this morning grrrr (average of 2), after 5.6 at dinner +2.

Stress, tiredness, erratic sleep, cold weather?

Reactions: 15 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 before dinner
5.6 after 1 hour of carb heavy dinner as I only ate a max of 15g each day in last few days so decided to treat myself with few spoons of rice with red kidney beans
5.2 after 2 hours
5.4 fasting
Stayed in 5's all day but did keep the test kit in room
Hopefully those readings on 6 and 7 were a blip
I had my a1c done in november
Haven't seen the doc since but should I book an appointment and ask them to give me a1c test form again and will they do it?
Having really bad pain I think I am developing a frost bite on a finger on my feet.

When are you next due to see your doctor/nurse? Were you told last time you had your test? If you don't know then there is no harm in ringing to enquire. You may be on 6 monthly reviews rather than 3 monthly ones now. When I was moved from 3 months to 6 months I asked for an interim HbA1c which was allowed, but I just had the blood test, no review with the nurse.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.