The best cure for my type2 diabetes. My story.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this is just a quick update on my journey since December 2014,how i am doing right now with the healthy eating and the fitness plus no medications, I am still doing great, blood pressure is in the normal,blood sugars are too in the normal,my weight is now close to the goal target for my height, i am slimmer now, all the raw veg, and veg and fruit smoothies, is doing my body good.i see my doctor this week,so i will let you know more on the feed back i get,so far so good, i will never look back and go back to how i was before,i am fit healthy, happy if you seen me how i was in December and see the new me now you would have a shock.my skin looks clear, i have lots energy, my whole body is healing up nicely, and for those who still do not believe how well i am doing, this for me is the cure and i am very happy. all I can say is when something works and it is safe, you stick with that path and that is what i am doing for me, this is my body i am the one inside this body and i am the one who is responsible for it and needs to keep looking after it, all the junk foods artificial processed foods are killing people off making them ill,who realistically wants to harm them selves eating that, may taste nice, there's no goodness in it, just awful ingredients that is the cause to so many bad health issues, the safest and greatest foods to eat is raw fresh natural food veg fruit, even nuts if your not allergic to them,certain meats and fish are healthy.I have heard and seen inspiration of people like me heal by being sensible with food and keeping active, those two things is the cure.It is about doing something about it taking action for your own self,making big efforts and sticking with it not relapsing in to bad habits that you know messed you up in first place,lifes to short to think there is no hope, I know there is hope, I found it, and now I am living a normal happy life, I always monitor my health plus get my GP to check me, and as long as everyone's happy how I am doing, so am I happy. will update further as I progress on.

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
So you don't eat any meat? Fish? Eggs? Cheese?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My concern only is that you will be able to maintain this on a longterm basis.

Great if you stay at home permanently and do not entertain friends or family or going out to eat or on holidays abroad or in hotels etc or in a hospital care system.

Its long term sustainability that is so important. What would happen if you are invited out for a meal with friends etc? Or go on holiday?

I live a low carbish life but it I can still enjoy and love my food . I'm just concerned on long term sustainability....

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are other ways to get a foothold on diabetes without resorting to a low carb diet. Spirit, well done for finding a solution that works for you. If it stops working don't be scared to try and find another solution.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
There are other ways to get a foothold on diabetes without resorting to a low carb diet. Spirit, well done for finding a solution that works for you. If it stops working don't be scared to try and find another solution.
Such as...?

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Such as...?

Whatever works. Whatever it takes.

Spirit does something I wouldn't. But it works. So stick with it. You've found something that works. Stick with it. I've found something that works so I'm sticking with it!

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I agree that low carb isn't for everyone. I always thought for 50 years that my eating was moderate... It was only this website and posters that made me realise I was a low carber....

However, how would you get on in all the scenarios I have mentioned... Is this a long term 50 year lifestyle for you? Thats my main concern.

Complan is ok as a supplement but I'm still not convinced that you will gain enough B12, folic, iron, calcium etc from your diet. Have you checked your nutrients on MFP?
It will not be good if you are overloading say on the fat soluble vitamins but not having enough of the water soluble vitamins.

If you find everything is tickety boo and gives you perfect living and health for the next 50 years then good for you.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whatever works. Whatever it takes.

Spirit does something I wouldn't. But it works. So stick with it. You've found something that works. Stick with it. I've found something that works so I'm sticking with it!
@mikej1973 : OK, so what's your chosen diet then, and how sustainable is it?

Robbity

Edited by Moderator.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've been removed from the diabetic register, and I'm wary of the word cure!
Have you? Cannot believe that!
I know you don't have meds for the diabetes that you have controlled, are you on any other for anything else, surely your doctor should weigh up the consequences of you falling off the wagon or did you instigate it, you will not have the eye and foot tests.
If you read my thread about the battle I had to retain my registration status because of costs etc. And my consultant still wanted the other tests. I finally convinced my GP.
I know that you are doing terrific with control but I find that on one hand it is a condition that will be with you for life and your GP does that!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done spirits! I believe you believe that you have found the answer to your body's problems, long may it last!
It is the long term that worries me. You may in the future have to have a change because you are missing certain vitamins in nutrients.

I very low carb, most of the carbs does come from raw veg, mostly salad, baby leaves, spinach etc. But I couldn't vary my diet to sustain my health without meat, fat and other proteins.
My condition doesn't let me cope with carbs and sugars, my well-being depends on really tight control of blood glucose levels. I don't do dairy, I like full fat yoghurt but I can't put cheese, butter, milk, cream in my mouth without gagging! So I try for a varied diet around my limitations and I am like yourself better and healthier for it. I have to space out my daily intake of fruit. And I still have to eat literally every three hours to maintain control, I'm still losing weight and feeling good.
There is always alternatives, don't rule out anything that you haven't tried or trust..
Best wishes.

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@mikej1973 : OK, so what's your chosen diet then, and how sustainable is it?

Robbity
Most likely It's been censored.

Robbity

Haha... I was talking medical science though!

To answer your diet question! Cheesecake is way too nice for that! I'm an intermittent faster. I do the 5:2 diet with slightly tighter control on my non fast days. I also try and eat only 3 times a day.

Please don't think I'm against the LCHF option.. I really will do whatever it takes to keep diabetes in remission. LCHF is a string to my bow when required.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
when i have eaten, i check my blood sugars 2 hours after a meal the sugars range between 6 and 7 max would be a 9 only if a dared eat something i should not, since being on this diet all my sugar stayed in single numbers.
I would just like to say, well done on what you have achieved & if it works for you great but I eat normal & most my 1hr readings are in the 6-7 range & 2 hrs mostly below 6, with an average of 6.2 with recording my 1hr readings.
All the supplements that are shop brought are mostly chemical unless you buy herbal sups.
An electric juicier will add more of the fibre content of fruit etc & give slightly lower readings cause the GL will be lower because of the soluble fibre. Whole fruit is better than hand juiced.

Reactions: 4 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to everyone here that has left messages, very sorry i am late replying, been busy,I do understand everyone's questions and answers in concern over how my life is working positively.as for food I eat all natural foods, most fruit and veg, I do have fish and chicken,if i have any milk i have skimmed,I only have things I know my body agrees with,it is all the artificial and processed foods i keep away from, takeaways restaurants, I am happy how I live my life, if I ever do go out for a meal it would be in a place that caters for my needs what I would want,I do go places with my kids and with my partner we do carry on as a family, i just keep the junk out my life,it is the junk that is messing up peoples health, realistically yes everyone will have a different response on how food affects there body,though knowing what you know what to avoid is the key to adjusting your life, gods food was designed for everyone to eat, we was not designed to eat artificial man made foods that are processed full of all kinds of unhealthy ingredients and some is lethal on anyone that does not have to be a diabetic,when i changed my life, i seen results, and genuine results, i have seen other people who are doing a similar thing which came after i already started mine that are feeling new and different since they changed there lives,when you hear people who have tried the raw veg and other natural foods and drink that is not processed or artificial,they get better, they heal inside,and for there own personal changes they got reviewed by there doctors and there own doctors was surprised to see there results , i know the word control is important on how you look after your body what you put in it,is so important to always be aware,and I do know that where I am at, at this point things are working out and that is what matters, and I used to love eating things that anyone else would like to eat biscuits cakes mac donalds,pasta etc the list goes on, those foods became like an allergy attack on my body, since stopping all triggers, and eating the fresh healthy raw veg fruit, and eating fish chicken any food i know is safe for me, i am alright i feel great i have lots of energy and my body loves what i eat,when i nearly died in December,i had to make a choice, if i was gonna die staying as i was then,what hope i was there left? the hope that did arrive to me was to find the strength in me to do something i knew i had to do,that was get off the medicines i was on as they was killing me,eat plenty fresh food,and exercise as much as possible through out the day it was tough and hard going at the beginning i was classed as obese for my height i was 11 stone, and i have now lost weight i need to get to 7 stone for my height, i am now 59kg i am close to my goal weight,people say to me how good i look how charged up with energy i look, they can not believe the difference in me,they seen how ill i was before, they see me like a brand new person, and it is nice people who know me can see that and the positive change and difference it has made in my life, I am not speaking out to tell everyone that they should do what i do, i know I can not do that,everyone has there own path and way forward, what is right for them will be the best option they take,though when your in a situation between life and death and you want to live, you will do all you can to fight for your life, and that is what i did and I am very grateful to be here.Everyday I keep check of my blood sugars and blood pressure,and it is normal,that makes me happy.I hope someday What I have gone through and achieved from keeping positive and focused that this may help some one someday see light at the end of the tunnel realize there is hope,doctors always address 2 words and those two words are the key to changing your life and beating diabetes, those two words are eat healthy, and keep active exercise, put those two things together and do it, your being told basically is the way out of diabetes,when they talk healthy eating they do not mean eat junk food, they mean eat lots fruit and veg,most people do not eat it, and the body does need it,it is as simple as that,it is a healer and it works.And it is working for me. hugs xx everyone

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good to hear.. From original posting it looked more like you were just a fruit n veg person to be honest.
I don't eat anything that is manufactured or junk food either.
I think another person assumed same as me because they too were asking about meat, fish etc.
So basically you are eating 'proper' food??

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would just like to say, well done on what you have achieved & if it works for you great but I eat normal & most my 1hr readings are in the 6-7 range & 2 hrs mostly below 6, with an average of 6.2 with recording my 1hr readings.
All the supplements that are shop brought are mostly chemical unless you buy herbal sups.
An electric juicier will add more of the fibre content of fruit etc & give slightly lower readings cause the GL will be lower because of the soluble fibre. Whole fruit is better than hand juiced.
i find blending the whole fruit than juicing them is better,it is kinder to my stomach also.and thank you for your kind feed back x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Are you aware though that juicing removes fibre and our bodies need fibre?

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear.. From original posting it looked more like you were just a fruit n veg person to be honest.
I don't eat anything that is manufactured or junk food either.
I think another person assumed same as me because they too were asking about meat, fish etc.
So basically you are eating 'proper' food??
yes i eat sensible, i just have a set way of eating, in the morning i will blend or juice fruit different fruits i add about 5 or 6 sometimes 7 types in the blender or juicer and then have it for breakfast,i do not add anything to it as it has all it needs in each fruit already,when i get to lunch time i do a green type smoothie adding all types veg in there about 5 or 6 or 7 types blend it or juice it i drink that then i have the compaln original to for lunch,when it comes to my main meal for the evening i still have veg and i add fish or chicken or a meat i know my body accepts,sometimes i do wild rice the one i use agrees with me though i do not do rice everyday only sometimes, if i was to make any kind of sauce i would make my own, though most things i eat is raw veg,if i snack in between any meal may have some nuts,..fish i do eat are mackerel,sardines,trout i buy it fresh not tinned,tuna most foods are fresh,nothing artificial, i would rather cook it myself then i know what goes in it than go out and eat something that may not be so good for me. so thats how i live and it works just gods natural food.