Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My FBG was 7.0 this morning, albeit about 1.5 hours after waking. This was my last test strip for the falling-apart meter (was going though batteries on a weekly basis) so I have ordered a different one, but not quite sure when it'll arrive. So in the meantime, instead of measuring blood glucose I will be concentrating on keeping my carbs down to Bernstein levels (30 per day). Hoping that it will show when I start measuring BG again! :)

Reactions: 17 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 mmol / L this morning.
8.1 mmol / L at bed time.

Going to can the experimental carb loading pre bed time. It's not working for my blood glucose levels - especially my morning fasting ones! :( Even thoughI have noticed improved sleep quality. Will have to re-think this one a bit more.

Decided to fast to give my insulin resistance a kick in the rear end and my pancreas a bit of a rest. ;)
Well almost snap, 8.0 before bed last night - where did that come from? And 7.1 this morning. I wonder if I am trying to hard and just working up to an even bigger fail each day? Wedding anniversary today so am chilling out a bit and we're going out for a streak tonight, walking there too (both low carbing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
6.2 this morning. I have been absent from parade recently due to the birth of my gorgeous grandson. Back on it now. Blood test at the medical practise today, eagerly awaiting results at diabetic clinic next week. The practise nurse went in a bit of a huff when I refused a meeting with the dietician.

Reactions: 19 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 this morning. I have been absent from parade recently due to the birth of my gorgeous grandson. Back on it now. Blood test at the medical practise today, eagerly awaiting results at diabetic clinic next week. The practise nurse went in a bit of a huff when I refused a meeting with the dietician.
Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Hope your results come back OK love lou

Reactions: 14 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, from a sunny, but cool, Wiltshire.... so much better than the 48 degrees I left behind me on Sunday... in this insane week fasting numbers have ranged from 5 to this morning's 6... :) During the day I am staying in the low 5's and low sixes so have given up wondering what goes on first thing in the morning... if none of you can work it out either, I am in good company.... My son gets married on Saturday afternoon, so I expect I'll have some very odd readings over the next 5 days of family merriment... :)
Hope all goes well and it's nice and sunny on Saturday. ..and the merriments aren't too mean tour bs.

Reactions: 7 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Hope your results come back OK love lou
Thank you @loulou99782 I am overwhelmed with my feelings for him. Thanks for the good wished re results, I have put a lot of effort into reducing my BG and hopefully that will be reflected in my results next week. I am practising my smug smile.

Reactions: 14 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good for you. Nhs dieticians have to tow the party line so are totally unable to give advice on how to low carb if that's what you're doing.

Reactions: 8 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good for you. Nhs dieticians have to tow the party line so are totally unable to give advice on how to low carb if that's what you're doing.
I am a committed low carber @Baruney , I actually said to the nurse if I wanted to know the NICE dietary guidelines I could read them on the internet. That was a lead balloon. I have prior experience of NHS dieticians when my late husband was terminally ill and they obsessed with his weight loss. They suggested pumping him full of sugar and powdered milk. I had to ask if they actually knew anything about cancer, or understood it in any way. Apologies for the thread hijack.

Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a committed low carber @Baruney , I actually said to the nurse if I wanted to know the NICE dietary guidelines I could read them on the internet. That was a lead balloon. I have prior experience of NHS dieticians when my late husband was terminally ill and they obsessed with his weight loss. They suggested pumping him full of sugar and powdered milk. I had to ask if they actually knew anything about cancer, or understood it in any way. Apologies for the thread hijack.
Yeah they can be useless we had a bad one up north when my mum was alive but the ones in Lewisham seem OK so far

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8, Seem to have been that most morning I test, so had the 3 mthly test yesterday so will be interested to see what that is when I see GP next week but am not seeing diabetic nurse for four weeks!

Reactions: 19 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1..............after 7.6 last night...it went up way higher than expected after dinner and actually continued to go UP.... peaking at 1am...no idea what happened there :(

Reactions: 18 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hope all goes well and it's nice and sunny on Saturday. ..and the merriments aren't too mean tour bs.

5.1..............after 7.6 last night...it went up way higher than expected after dinner and actually continued to go UP.... peaking at 1am...no idea what happened there :(
Thank you Baruney... I have the grandchildren here with me so I am getting loads of exercise... shame you cannot sort of save it for when you need it... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry - got muddled there... it is so frustrating, isn't it? But like they say here - make a note of it and move on.... tomorrow's another day... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you @loulou99782 I am overwhelmed with my feelings for him. Thanks for the good wished re results, I have put a lot of effort into reducing my BG and hopefully that will be reflected in my results next week. I am practising my smug smile.

Welcoming your next generation is THE single most satisfying thing... :) Congratulations... And well done on sticking to your guns re NHS dieticians...

Reactions: 12 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
5.2 before breakfast , 6.9 an hour and a half later , that will do nicely :)

Reactions: 20 people
Status
Not open for further replies.