The SCREAM thread

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love the scream thread, lol. My dog screams with excitement when I get home, so that is nice :)

I want to have a little scream about not getting enough sleep last night and having nausea and reflux symptoms and loss of appetite today. I'm doing everything I can with food and meds to try and manage it and was feeling a bit despondent and then remembered that I always feel yuck if I haven't slept well. It's funny what we forget sometimes isn't it? Then I remembered that these were the times when I would binge on carbs to try and feel better. And I'm like nope, nope and nope about doing that now. So I managed some yoghurt and berries, which took me out of the false hypo range and I'm getting better now. Having multiple medical conditions really sucks and can make you want to scream... so venting about it in a scream thread is just the ticket.

Thanks for listening. Will go pat my dog now :)

We all need a right good scream from time to time and this is place to do it :arghh: +:) + :cool:

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

As a PS to my reply to @CatLadyNZ earlier .... I sometimes forget too, about my fibromyalgia,...its not so severe as many but lots of niggling symptoms and although I know the cause I get frustrated when I can't do things and sometimes feel so stupid when I lose track of a conversation, forget words, can't concentrate....

Its hard when you explain to someone what condition you have as they see you walk a dog on foot one day...another using the scooter.... "decided to walk today".. not meant in a nasty way I'm sure but......well...sometimes makes you feel a fraud when you know you aren't.....

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

As a PS to my reply to @CatLadyNZ earlier .... I sometimes forget too, about my fibromyalgia,...its not so severe as many but lots of niggling symptoms and although I know the cause I get frustrated when I can't do things and sometimes feel so stupid when I lose track of a conversation, forget words, can't concentrate....

Its hard when you explain to someone what condition you have as they see you walk a dog on foot one day...another using the scooter.... "decided to walk today".. not meant in a nasty way I'm sure but......well...sometimes makes you feel a fraud when you know you aren't.....
Your not .. You have a condition , so many conditions that others can't see X so many suffer in silence .. Here we can share if we want ..
Sharing a good scream for that ... ;)

Reactions: 5 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
It's good to have somewhere to scream and that's thanks to @Robinredbreast who started the thread....
Sorry to hear your lousy sleep triggers lots of other things and,WE'LL DONE you for fighting the carb attack.....
If I sleep badly I'm done for the following day...fibromyalgia...but even if I sleep well like last nite (sorry, think I had your share too) I can still get up shattered....
The love of a dog helps so much....currently have 6 German Shepherds....
I LOVE German Shepherds and you have 6 times the German Shepherdness, how wonderful! Dogs are awesome. Mine really helps me cope with my medical conditions.

I know exactly what you mean because I too have fibro. I get a refreshing sleep about once every couple of months. I'm glad you got my share for last night actually, you need it.

Living with fibro is really challenging, but being positive sure helps, and you are so positive :)

Reactions: 8 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.

I find that most people don't understand fibro and they often forget that it's a factor in my daily choices. If I remind them I then feel bad about that. So, it's nice to come across another person with fibro because they understand. xx

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Sable_Jan I just remembered something about fibro and I'm not sure if you have come across the info already. Some researchers have found that people with fibro have more nerve endings in the small blood vessels everywhere but particularly just under the skin. This could explain a lot! It may give us physical evidence of the condition for those who doubt it's real (rolls eyes) and it may lead to treatments. More info here:
http://www.intidyn.com/news-events/...in-of-patients-with-fibromyalgia-press-relase

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I LOVE German Shepherds and you have 6 times the German Shepherdness, how wonderful! Dogs are awesome. Mine really helps me cope with my medical conditions.

I know exactly what you mean because I too have fibro. I get a refreshing sleep about once every couple of months. I'm glad you got my share for last night actually, you need it.

Living with fibro is really challenging, but being positive sure helps, and you are so positive :)
I really try to be :)....
Thank you....hope tonight is your turn for the good sleep :)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I really try to be :)....
Thank you....hope tonight is your turn for the good sleep :)
Thank you, and I'm going to help Lady Luck on her way by taking some zopiclone, lol.

C

chris lowe

Your not .. You have a condition , so many conditions that others can't see X so many suffer in silence .. Here we can share if we want ..
Sharing a good scream for that ... ;)
Like a lot of illnesses, if people can't see it then it obviously doesn't exist. Sometimes you just wish that for a couple of hours they can experience what it's like.

Reactions: 7 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Like a lot of illnesses, if people can't see it then it obviously doesn't exist. Sometimes you just wish that for a couple of hours they can experience what it's like.
I think it's a sign of maturity when a person can empathise about an issue they haven't experienced. Sadly a lot of people are not good at doing this, and they only empathise once something bad happens to them. A few don't even empathise then.

Reactions: 6 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of you may remember that our son, aged 18 and about to go off to Uni at the time, got dumped by his then girlfriend in the summer and was very low. However, that wasn't the end of the saga - he was just getting over it when she contacted him to say that it had all been a terrible mistake, and would she have him back?

We had reservations, but they got back together, which certainly cheered him up, and they both went off to their respective Unis, which by pure chance, were within about 40 miles of each other, making plans to meet up regularly; everything was definitely on again. After just a few days of being at Uni, and the day after they were making plans to meet up in a couple of weeks time, she has told him that she's met someone else, and it's all off again. He is very upset and, whilst it was bad enough the first time round, this time he is 200 miles away and we can't pop over for Mrs hay-char (and me) to give him a hug :(

He's being very good about it and is clearly set on not rushing home, but he should be settling into Uni, making new friends and having a great time; instead he's moping in his room, though he is going out to play squash (one of his favourite things) this evening.

Wretched girl: why did she come back to him if she only intended to dump him once more, as soon as she got to Uni?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

S

Sable_Jan

Some of you may remember that our son, aged 18 and about to go off to Uni at the time, got dumped by his then girlfriend in the summer and was very low. However, that wasn't the end of the saga - he was just getting over it when she contacted him to say that it had all been a terrible mistake, and would she have him back?

We had reservations, but they got back together, which certainly cheered him up, and they both went off to their respective Unis, which by pure chance, were within about 40 miles of each other, making plans to meet up regularly; everything was definitely on again. After just a few days of being at Uni, and the day after they were making plans to meet up in a couple of weeks time, she has told him that she's met someone else, and it's all off again. He is very upset and, whilst it was bad enough the first time round, this time he is 200 miles away and we can't pop over for Mrs hay-char (and me) to give him a hug :(

He's being very good about it and is clearly set on not rushing home, but he should be settling into Uni, making new friends and having a great time; instead he's moping in his room, though he is going out to play squash (one of his favourite things) this evening.

Wretched girl: why did she come back to him if she only intended to dump him once more, as soon as she got to Uni?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Big hugs for you JHC

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Once is a mistake, twice is a habit, a lesson learned. In time, he will get over it and hopefully he will look back at it will a smile on his face, he may well have a new girlfriend/partner who means the world to him and he also will be the world to her too. Time is a great healer, but right now his heart will feel like it has been torn apart, but one day it will be fully mended and healed.
Don't let the past screw up the future and I wish him all the very best.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I sympathise with you 100%...my daughter is going through similar relationship problems and it's breaking my heart to see the effect it has on her...it's on and off all the time...with the added complication of boyfriend being bipolar among other things. He is very controlling and manipulative and now has her attending counseling sessions because he's convinced her that she's messed up in the head. The whole situation terrifies me as he's been known to be quite aggressive at times...but she always goes back...I so wish there was something I could do...but sadly it doesn't seem to matter what I say or do...she's hellbent that he's 'the one'.
AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Hope your sons gets through it ok...hopefully he'll meet someone lovely at uni

Reactions: 11 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Natalie & RRB. I'm sure he will be OK in due course, it's just difficult because we're quite a long way away. We spoke to him on Skype this evening and he's not his usual self but seems OK. I know there will be other girls and it's probably all for the best but they'd been going out for two years, and it's tough on him, particularly when he's just starting out at Uni and living away from home for the first time. Mrs hay-char and I are both furious with the wretched girl for the way she's behaved; I think she's a bit immature for her age hence - maybe - her behaviour but that's not much consolation for any of us right now.

Hey ho ...

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I sympathise with you 100%...my daughter is going through similar relationship problems and it's breaking my heart to see the effect it has on her...it's on and off all the time...with the added complication of boyfriend being bipolar among other things. He is very controlling and manipulative and now has her attending counseling sessions because he's convinced her that she's messed up in the head. The whole situation terrifies me as he's been known to be quite aggressive at times...but she always goes back...I so wish there was something I could do...but sadly it doesn't seem to matter what I say or do...she's hellbent that he's 'the one'.
AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Hope your sons gets through it ok...hopefully he'll meet someone lovely at uni
Natalie you might find this site helpful:
http://www.sophieelliottfoundation.co.nz/

It was set up by the mother of a beautiful young woman who was sadly killed by her crazy ex-boyfriend. I don't mean it to frighten you, just giving you the background of the website. Sophie's mother Leslie has been touring NZ giving talks in high schools and to women's groups about noticing the signs of risk and what to do about them. It's very hard when you see your child or another loved one in a potentially risky situation and you feel there is nothing you can do to get through to them. Hugs.

Reactions: 2 people