The SCREAM thread

K

Kat100

That's the healthy triffle lol ... But where did the sherry bottle go ... I wonder ...

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
:hilarious:
Sugar free jelly, custard made with almond or soya milk and sweetener....low GI fruits and thick whipped double cream......now that's healthy....diabetes-wise
That sounds yum! Especially with sherry in it. Or a liqueur... I use cherry brandy in mine. Maybe I need to find a spirit instead, to reduce the carbs. Nothing springs to mind though.

Reactions: 4 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest, I'm not sure any spirits would really work with a trifle - the whole point about putting booze in a trifle is that it has a measure of sweetness (although I suppose some people put dry sherry in?) to contribute to the overall taste. If you were to use spirits I'd agree that brandy - though not scotch, which I think would taste very odd - might be a runner, or possibly dark rum.

On the whole, however, I'd accept the inevitability of added carbs from a liqueur or sherry of some kind as a compromise in the interests of verisimilitude :)

Just to pull things back on track: Waste good Scotch by putting it in a trifle? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggh! :D

Reactions: 5 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Good suggestions. For me trifle has to have some booze in it or it's just not trifle. :D

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

To be honest, I'm not sure any spirits would really work with a trifle - the whole point about putting booze in a trifle is that it has a measure of sweetness (although I suppose some people put dry sherry in?) to contribute to the overall taste. If you were to use spirits I'd agree that brandy - though not scotch, which I think would taste very odd - might be a runner, or possibly dark rum.

On the whole, however, I'd accept the inevitability of added carbs from a liqueur or sherry of some kind as a compromise in the interests of verisimilitude :)

Just to pull things back on track: Waste good Scotch by putting it in a trifle? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggh! :D
We'll of course, there IS that to it.....mind you I wasn't thinking of the best singles, just maybe cheap blends like Grouse or Bells...don't tend to do boozy trifle tho, would spoil it for me I think......aaaerggghhh ;)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm the opposite
Fair enough. I think it's because my puritanical parents never had booze in trifle, that I associated it with adulthood, independence and freedom or something, lol.

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
:hilarious:
Sugar free jelly, custard made with almond or soya milk and sweetener....low GI fruits and thick whipped double cream......now that's healthy....diabetes-wise
I love trifle so am going to make one of these over the weekend mmm I love the mix of jelly cream & custard, that mmm trifle taste but think alcohol in it takes that pleasure away, thanks Jan it sounds lovely

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

I love trifle so am going to make one of these over the weekend mmm I love the mix of jelly cream & custard, that mmm trifle taste but think alcohol in it takes that pleasure away, thanks Jan it sounds lovely
Then you can scream with delight ;)

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I love the scream thread, lol. My dog screams with excitement when I get home, so that is nice :)

I want to have a little scream about not getting enough sleep last night and having nausea and reflux symptoms and loss of appetite today. I'm doing everything I can with food and meds to try and manage it and was feeling a bit despondent and then remembered that I always feel yuck if I haven't slept well. It's funny what we forget sometimes isn't it? Then I remembered that these were the times when I would binge on carbs to try and feel better. And I'm like nope, nope and nope about doing that now. So I managed some yoghurt and berries, which took me out of the false hypo range and I'm getting better now. Having multiple medical conditions really sucks and can make you want to scream... so venting about it in a scream thread is just the ticket.

Thanks for listening. Will go pat my dog now :)

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

I love the scream thread, lol. My dog screams with excitement when I get home, so that is nice :)

I want to have a little scream about not getting enough sleep last night and having nausea and reflux symptoms and loss of appetite today. I'm doing everything I can with food and meds to try and manage it and was feeling a bit despondent and then remembered that I always feel yuck if I haven't slept well. It's funny what we forget sometimes isn't it? Then I remembered that these were the times when I would binge on carbs to try and feel better. And I'm like nope, nope and nope about doing that now. So I managed some yoghurt and berries, which took me out of the false hypo range and I'm getting better now. Having multiple medical conditions really sucks and can make you want to scream... so venting about it in a scream thread is just the ticket.

Thanks for listening. Will go pat my dog now :)
It's good to have somewhere to scream and that's thanks to @Robinredbreast who started the thread....
Sorry to hear your lousy sleep triggers lots of other things and,WE'LL DONE you for fighting the carb attack.....
If I sleep badly I'm done for the following day...fibromyalgia...but even if I sleep well like last nite (sorry, think I had your share too) I can still get up shattered....
The love of a dog helps so much....currently have 6 German Shepherds....

Reactions: 6 people