Hypos late pregnancy

Elliebug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any advice ? I'm 35+3 type 1 and in last 24 hours I've hypoed four times , this morning I treated accordingly 1 hour later I was hypoing again , I emailed and called my DNS and not there today , so then I called dau as he's moving very erratic then gone quiet , dau were very unhelpful she asked if when I hypoed if I ate something sugery?! I said yes I'm type 1 she said well your waters haven't gone have them then said she would page my DNS as she was best person for me no mention about babies movement anything I can do in mean time
I had hypos late pregnancy last time and a week later said the placenta could be failing so now I'm worried but day don't seam bothered

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Elliebug Phone triage. Tell them you're concerned about your baby's movements. Mention the hypos as a kind of lesser thing in case the person you speak to focuses on that and doesn't know much about diabetes so automatically thinks it's 'nothing' or 'just a diabetes thing'.

Don't let them palm you off. It's always important to phone triage and get checked if you feel baby's movements have changed. This is true for all women.

if the person you speak to isn't helpful, ask to speak to a more senior person.

Elliebug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in dau being assessed baby is moving fine , just waiting to see diabetic consultant before I go home x

Reactions: 2 people

Elliebug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Theve kept me in as my diabetic cons wants to moniter me , the midwife on desk is wondering why he's kept me in so he tried to explain to them about placenta etc xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Theve kept me in as my diabetic cons wants to moniter me , the midwife on desk is wondering why he's kept me in so he tried to explain to them about placenta etc xx

Always best to be safe :) It's good your consultant did that, I think.

I found that many midwives knew very little about diabetes. It was quite stressful at first when I went in to be assessed, but once I accepted that I kind of looked after myself, with the help of my lovely DSN.

I hope you have a restful night and get some sleep. Sending you my best wishes XX