Family support - finally understanding?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a funny...

Had a text today to book my annual Hba1c.

As I'm gleefully pressing the buttons to book (pleased they'd remembered me), hubby walks past and says "Now, do treat them gently when you go. Remember they don't know as much as you do"

Think he's a keeper, he's learning well
:p:p:p

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well at least you are still going. I don't bother, it's a waste of my time. I can't see the point in going.

Reactions: Sally66

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well at least you are still going. I don't bother, it's a waste of my time. I can't see the point in going.
For me it's usually just the Hba1c test (fingers crossed). I'm not officially diagnosed as I didn't have 2 tests, covid lockdowns intervened and by the time a second test was done I'd gone low carb and was back below the line so NHS computer refuses to show me as diagnosed. Luckily someone at the practice managed to get me on the list for annual Hba1c, and I'm not sure how long that will last.
This forum, and the links people post, mean I'm quite happy managing my own levels. I just like the official confirmation occasionally. Hoping this one I good as I've been quite bad food wise...

Reactions: Antje77 and Melgar

mouseee

For me it's usually just the Hba1c test (fingers crossed). I'm not officially diagnosed as I didn't have 2 tests, covid lockdowns intervened and by the time a second test was done I'd gone low carb and was back below the line so NHS computer refuses to show me as diagnosed. Luckily someone at the practice managed to get me on the list for annual Hba1c, and I'm not sure how long that will last.
This forum, and the links people post, mean I'm quite happy managing my own levels. I just like the official confirmation occasionally. Hoping this one I good as I've been quite bad food wise...
Thats odd. I only had one hba1c to be diagnosed at 101 and 3 months later got to 39. I was definitely diagnosed and I'm definitely on the computer!