• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I would feel a lot better if we had had some clear concise outlining of what was going to happen next to give some indication that the Leave camp were in control And knew what was coming next......Instead they have acted like someone who has blagen their way through an interview process been offered the job they never thought they would get and have finally realised "oh **** I actually have to do this now".

I am a committed European, have lived. and worked in many differant European countries and to be honest am really really sad.

To be honest both my Husband and I will be talking to the company to ask for a transfer ASAP as neither of us want to live in little Britain but for all of you who voted for this Outcome and are happy with it I wish you all well.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Complelty agree. It was a very very sad day in our household yesterday. Tears of sadness. Who knows what the future will bring ...?

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Very quiet from George Osborne today!!

He'll go for sure at the same time as Cameron, returning to the back benches as we get a right wing cabinet and PM....God help us:(

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes there was - a lot of it!!!! It is not our fault if there are some horrid people around - there were clearly some in the remain votes too - you cannot say there were not racists and nasty people that would have voted to remain and hence, had you won, you would have helped them too. It is out of order, and leave voters are fed up of it! In fact you probably helped a few people vote leave by repeating this type of c**p!
I personally have never made such comments and dislike the inference that I have. Would people really vote leave as a knee-jerk reaction to such petty comments? Wow! Shows a certain lack of depth of understanding from your average Brexit fan then. "I'll get my own back for those comments by voting to ruin the British economy and our kids future". Hmmm.

Well thankfully we are all in it (I mean out of it) together and sadly the majority of those who have voted leave will probably be those who are the worst off when we leave. Maybe one day they will realise they have been cruelly manipulated.

Edit: It didn't take long for the truth of the manipulation to be revealed.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...-day/ar-AAhA39F?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenfoldAPD the people I feel really sorry for are the young people the majority of whom wanted to stay in as they saw their future as part of a larger picture. It is so terribly terribly sad and I just hope that as Zand says above that the predominantly Grey vote they realise they are much worse off whilst the young and talented leave in droves to seek opportunities elsewhere outside of this country.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I heard this from a friend yesterday. They were talking to a Polish worker and the Pole had voted leave because they didn't want the Turkish workers coming in and taking their jobs o_O :banghead:

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
It's beautiful up here in Lancashire. Hot, no wind, dry, perfect. We've just walked to the polling station. The clerks said they had been extremely busy all day.
I "worked" a polling station here in Rossendale & they were queing up at 7:00a.m. had over 2X voters over the day, and the poll was "dead" in the last 30 mins!

Reactions: 4 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I personally have never made such comments and dislike the inference that I have. Would people really vote leave as a knee-jerk reaction to such petty comments? Wow! Shows a certain lack of depth of understanding from your average Brexit fan then. "I'll get my own back for those comments by voting to ruin the British economy and our kids future". Hmmm.

Well thankfully we are all in it (I mean out of it) together and sadly the majority of those who have voted leave will probably be those who are the worst off when we leave. Maybe one day they will realise they have been cruelly manipulated.

Edit: It didn't take long for the truth of the manipulation to be revealed.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...-day/ar-AAhA39F?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignoutmd
I didn't once accuse or infer you personally had made such comments, I was responding to you saying "there have no such slurs" when there most certainly were!

BFishr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
GP's attitude to diabetes
I am very concerned that it will become much more difficult and expensive (for the NHS) to supply insulin and testing strips as well as many other drugs because they are all manufactured in Europe, not the UK. I have had problems before getting hold of strips and insulin because, according to my pharmacist, the EU put a limit on the amount supplied to us. What will happen now?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That article is nonsense: no-one was expecting ALL of the EU money to go to NHS, or that we would resign on Friday morning, be sensible.

True, the bus doesn't imply it at all.
They'll be keeping some back to pay for the mp's and quango's pay rises due to the extra workload in negotiating the deals they'll need to keep going abroad by first class flights to.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That article is nonsense: no-one was expecting ALL of the EU money to go to NHS, or that we would resign on Friday morning, be sensible.
So I am at a loss to understand the benefits of leaving then, if no-one believed the lies why would anyone vote to leave? I haven't seen a good reason on this thread, and the not so good reasons have all been dispelled now...so what is so good about leaving? Enlighten me. I understand that some firms can now trade with China (if China agrees to this) , so that's a plus. Can't think of any others.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am wondering how anyone can farm in Boston.....First, there's the where..Then, there's the how. (disclaimer - I provided services to the design of the Boston courthouse so I have a little bit of an understanding of the city)
I think the reference is to the Boston in Lincolnshire England.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to reinstate the Kingdom of Wessex as if the country can be dragged back in time why stop at 40 years.

D

debrasue

I heard this from a friend yesterday. They were talking to a Polish worker and the Pole had voted leave because they didn't want the Turkish workers coming in and taking their jobs o_O :banghead:
Ironic!

Cragwood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My older children, who are old enough to vote, feel very strongly that they have been let down by an older generation who won't have to live with the long term effects of what they have done. I can't help but agree with them.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My older children, who are old enough to vote, feel very strongly that they have been let down by an older generation who won't have to live with the long term effects of what they have done. I can't help but agree with them.
I agree with them too. On our local news there was an 80 year old crying with joy because "I've got my country back....I won't live much longer though, but I have it back"

Sheesh! He never lost his country! Thanks for leaving the rest of us in a mess then......

D

debrasue

@PenfoldAPD the people I feel really sorry for are the young people the majority of whom wanted to stay in as they saw their future as part of a larger picture. It is so terribly terribly sad and I just hope that as Zand says above that the predominantly Grey vote they realise they are much worse off whilst the young and talented leave in droves to seek opportunities elsewhere outside of this country.

As a pensioner, I imagine you'd consider me to be one of the Grey voters...
I voted to Remain and don't agree with the principles of the Leave campaign. But because I do agree with the principles of democracy, now that the vote has been cast I'm resolved to accept it and move on, using the best of my abilities to handle whatever may come and supporting and encouraging those I care about to do the same.
I hope that the young and talented don't resort to leaving in droves, because I love my country and deeply admire the strength and determination of many of those who live here. That strength and determination has brought this country through many challenges over the centuries and I don't see any reason to suppose that it's going to fail us now. I agree it's not going to be easy, but I don't believe that running away has ever been the answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Cragwood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with them too. On our local news there was an 80 year old crying with joy because "I've got my country back....I won't live much longer though, but I have it back"

Sheesh! He never lost his country! Thanks for leaving the rest of us in a mess then......
I saw that too. Interviews on BBC breakfast this morning with people celebrating "getting England back". That Little Britain mentality would be just embarrassing if it wasn't so dangerous.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Lynbarn It's highly unlikely a default from Greece would see them kicked out of the eu. More likely the euro, which as you know isn't the same thing.

I do hope those that voted leave recognise that in one fell swoop they have damaged the ability of their kids to even study in the EU? You remember all those "silly racist rules" that some of the leavers banged on about regarding non-EU population entering the UK? Well they apply to us now too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why is everyone on remain so certain that no one will be able to work or study in Europe again, it is unfounded and daft.
As for Greece, I bet they wish they could asap, never mind get kicked out!

D

debrasue

I didn't once accuse or infer you personally had made such comments, I was responding to you saying "there have no such slurs" when there most certainly were!
Really?
"In fact you probably helped a few people vote leave by repeating this type of c**p!"
Sorry, Catlady19, but I can see where zand might have picked up the inference.....

Status
Not open for further replies.