1 week till i get my Omnipod...

Liverpoolinot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,
I feel like a kid at christmas. You know that feeling, when your control is nil and you just need action to take back control of your sugars? Well action finally happened and i'm prepping to get my pod a week tomorrow.
2016 has been THE WORST. 12 years with Diabetes before it really started to kick my butt. But i remain optimistic and am seeking your tips, advice and general knowledge on the Omnipod please.
Toni x

Reactions: 3 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi there
that is fab news on getting your pump
I use the omnipod ( for the last 10 months )
and I love it.
it took a lot of hard work at the beginning ( about 6 weeks ) to get all my basal rates correctly set.
and i still test very frequently to ensure BG's are staying in range.
If i remember -- you have a freestyle libre so that should prove invaluable in getting all the settings on the pump right for you.

Your DSN should play a huge part as well and you should be pestering her non stop - My DSN and I spoke on the phone twice a week for the first 4 weeks.

I am tagging @noblehead as he is on an omnipod too.

all the best and keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck and all the best with your new pump, I hope you can get better control with a more positive future. There are a lot of helpful pumpers about and I bet you are counting the days and the minutes down :)
Take care :)

Reactions: 5 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yay to the action @Liverpoolinot - and the start of Omnipod life! I have a pump (not the Omnipod) and pumping will I'm sure make a difference!

As @himtoo says it's a few weeks of hard work to start with - but just keep the faith, put up with the (excuse me for this) initial inevitable '***?' moments and look forward to the path ahead.

Wishing you all the absolute best - do keep us posted with news of how it's all going!

:)

Reactions: 3 people

Liverpoolinot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks so much everyone. I'm about to start the final year of my degree so I need to get my house in order so I can focus on that. Hoping to have some sort of handle on things by the time I start back at the end of September. Gives me 2 months of absolute focus on the pod. It can't be any worse than these last few months, I know that much.
I'll keep this thread posted and im sure i'll fire some questions as and when they begin to arise... which I'm sure they will!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good luck and great news - don't expect miracle early on though as takes a while to adjust but hopefully 2 months in and things will definately be looking alot better ;)