Need Ladybird Version Please

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe tag the fasting section in the diet area. That's where most of us fasters put new things..and where that particular thread resides. For me fasting is nothing solid.. Like @Brunneria I have tea with lactofree milk, coffee (usually with cream and hemp milk) as well as water. I have also tried some broth type soups (I used Waitrose consomme because it was in the cupboard but would make my own next time) but try not to have those on my current 7 day fast. I have also cut back on the cream and milk to see what the effects are.
I would also recommend Dr Fung's site
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com
Fasting can be whatever you want. I personally don't have fat bombs but have been known to put butter in the broth to make it more filling.
Hope that helps
Mark

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
sorry, the Ladybird series of book are a childrens series in the Uk which gives simplified explanations (amongst other things) for children. Thanks for your help.

Oh. Thank you- I thought you were referring to another forum member.

To get back to this post just post to it and it will show up on the right hand side of page.

Or paste this somewhere and just click on it: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/need-ladybird-version-please.112497/#post-1322463.

Or follow the titles on upper left of page: Forums>Diabetes News and Research>Diabetes Research>Need Ladybird Version Please

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I suppose under the expanded definition of fasting that I fast also because I only eat in a window from 9 am to 4:30 pm, unless I need to correct for a low. I started this originally to help control asthma-because I get acid reflux at night if I eat after 6 pm and the acid reflux gives me an asthma attack at night. I have noticed that only eating in this window gives me better fasting numbers in the morning also.
It also occurs to me that the fasting pattern described above would be classed an eating disorder if we were all skinny but actually is a prescribed treatment for weight loss-although 7 days is kind of extreme.
I get hypo symptoms (and hypos) if I skip breakfast but I am on blood glucose lowering drugs. Happy dietary tinkering!