What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surprise surprise......bed 6.1 FBG 6.6 and pre breakfast 7.9. It's getting better.
B. 2 boiled eggs with 1/4 M&S egg and bacon salad (No egg from the salad made them separately)
L. Leftover Thai red curry from yesterday made with prawns, scallops, cauliflower rice, mushroom stir fry.
M&S chicken and bacon with salad.
The M&S chicken and bacon with salad is dinner - I am not having a ginormeous lunch

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
66a693e35eeea4a64507dd9e4baeba0a.jpg

Made with oopsie bread. This was a ham version. Yesterday's had chicken on it. Here's the oopsie recipe.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/oopsie-bread

Does it taste like an omelette?

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today:
Cheese omelette and mushrooms (what's new :) )

Cheese and ham omelette with salad in the canteen

Lidl roll with butter and a chunk of stilton - just the right shape for a Lidl roll!

Glass of red to wash it down :)

Reactions: Goonergal

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: English breakfast 'muffin', poached eggs
L: 1/2 Lidl protein roll with tuna mayo, chunk of Ribblesdale blue goats cheese (my current favourite!)
D: chicken breast stuffed with pesto; courgette and garlic gratin topped with mozzarella - was v yummy:hungry:

Have to also confess to a slice of coffee and walnut cake too. No, not some low carb, home baked sensible option:oops:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch and dinner out today

Breakfast - crustless quiche

Lunch - Nando's. 5 plain wings, salad

Dinner - leaving do for a work colleague. Smoked salmon and salad; ribeye steak with garlic butter and more salad

Reactions: Ultramum

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - salami and cheese

Lunch - roast chicken, cabbage, broccoli and baked onion

Snack - Oppo ice cream, chocolate and hazelnut flavour. Hadn't heard of it before today. Delicious.

Dinner - cold chicken, salad

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
Yesterday's food
B. Raspberries and yoghurt
L. In a bistro with limited choice. I asked for a bacon, Brie and cranberry sandwich with a aside salad. The waitress asked whether I wanted bread or a panini. I answered that it didn't matter as I couldn't eat bread. Whereupon she asked me if I would simply like it done as a salad which I thanked her for. It was smashing.

D. A fabulous meal cooked by friends. Curried fish, kebab, and spiced liver. Meat and spinach curry but I couldn't resist half a naan.

Today
B. Bacon, scrambled egg and tomato,

L. Camambert and walnuts.

D. Spiced liver. Strawberries with cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weird weird weird - bed 6.8 FBG 6.2 - wait for it pre breakfast 7.4? What is happening? Not complaining just don't know what is different.
B. Was different lettuce, tomato, 1 slice thin ham, boiled egg, Helmanns and a Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
Was going swimming with No 1 grandson so just wanted something quick.
L. 2 walnuts and a coffee
D. Chicken breast with tomato, basil , onion and garlic and a load of steamed cauliflower, broccoli and shredded sprouts.

Reactions: mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the words of Alice ......curiouser and curiouser. Wait for it bed 5.5 FBG 5.7 and pre breakfast 7.1 !!!
B. Stuck to the cold stuff slice of very thin ham, shredded lettuce, 3 Vittoria tomatoes, Helmanns and a Tassimo morning coffee.
L. Have some prawns that need eating. Will have with 1/2 Avocado and lettuce.
D. Spicing some pork ribs which will get done with spring onion, parsley and chilli with a sour cream dip.
Rib eye , pepper sauce, mushrooms, sprouts, spinach.
Dessert is this

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/05/lemon-cloud-pie-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Low carb lemon cloud pie!
Today is Sunday so a campari and soda and a wee prosecco will figure in the proceedings. Will also try out the lemon cloud pie on the carb eaters but not tell them it is low carb.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
In the words of Alice ......curiouser and curiouser. Wait for it bed 5.5 FBG 5.7 and pre breakfast 7.1 !!!
B. Stuck to the cold stuff slice of very thin ham, shredded lettuce, 3 Vittoria tomatoes, Helmanns and a Tassimo morning coffee.
L. Have some prawns that need eating. Will have with 1/2 Avocado and lettuce.
D. Spicing some pork ribs which will get done with spring onion, parsley and chilli with a sour cream dip.
Rib eye , pepper sauce, mushrooms, sprouts, spinach.
Dessert is this

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/05/lemon-cloud-pie-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Low carb lemon cloud pie!
Today is Sunday so a campari and soda and a wee prosecco will figure in the proceedings. Will also try out the lemon cloud pie on the carb eaters but not tell them it is low carb.

I love your Sunday menus. :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How were the celeriac chips?

Really nice - completely different to how we've had them before. The blanching, garlic salt and smoked paprika were well worth the extra tiny bit of effort.

Reactions: Ultramum

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, grilled tomato, mushrooms, chipolatas
Lunch: Nothing or a couple of cold chipolatas
Dinner: A three game bird roast (duck, goose and guinea fowl) from Lidl, roast parsnips, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, rubber beans, low carb cranberry sauce

Red wine and quite possibly a g'n't

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, grilled tomato, mushrooms, chipolatas
Lunch: Nothing or a couple of cold chipolatas
Dinner: A three game bird roast (duck, goose and guinea fowl) from Lidl, roast parsnips, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, rubber beans, low carb cranberry sauce

Red wine and quite possibly a g'n't
I've had that 3 bird roast from Lidl - really good - enjoy.
My Sunday menus are always geared around family feeding. My Mum used to gather everyone at hers for Sunday dinner. It was always varying numbers (and still is). When my Mum died at the end of 1982 I kind of inherited the Sunday feeding - no idea how it just happened. Takes some planning and I like the quieter weeks when there is just a few of us. I do like though that some of them are slowly being converted to low carb alternatives. They are finally seeing the food isn't weird - just different.

Reactions: mo53

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Strawberries and cream

L. Camambert with walnuts

D. Roast pork, carrots, onions, cabbage and gravy hopefully with crackling too. Strawberries and cream.

Definetly pomegranate. :)

Reactions: Goonergal