New Kid On The Block

johnratoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Smoking - I quite 8 years ago. I hate drinking and wild living. I like mostly a quite life.
Hello to all of you. I am johnratoo on the forum. John in real life. I have had diabetes now for about 14 years. Doctor wants me to start injections but I said maybe later, maybe never. I started on a very low carb diet almost a week ago. I joined here to see how others do. My friend is guiding me. He is 20 plus years into natural living and no carbs.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, Welcome :)

glad to hear your trying LCHF

i am a low carber and very happy with the results

best of luck

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Welcome to the forum John. Many here have had some great success with a reduced carb diet. Lots of good advice here should you need it. Good luck.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi John and welcome to the forum:)

If there is anything you want to know just ask and someone will be able to help.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi John, Welcome to the Forum, you will learn lots here, we are a friendly bunch so if we can help at all just ask. I follow the LCHF diet and doing well so far, no thanks to the NHS though, haven't received any informaton or dietiary advice since I was diagnosed in February this year, it's all been down to the advice given by members of this forum. Great place to start:)

Good luck

Marilyn

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
;)
Hi John you will love it here. Loads of good advise.

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi John you are in a good place here, there are lots of lovely people who will give you sound advice, you are on the right track. ;)

johnratoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Smoking - I quite 8 years ago. I hate drinking and wild living. I like mostly a quite life.
Where on this forum may I read about type 2 diabetics who now follow very low carb diets?

johnratoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Can catfish and talapia be included in a low carb diet? If so please provide a recipe or link if possible.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hi Jon
Have a look in the Type 2 section on here - loads of people and loads of help.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can catfish and talapia be included in a low carb diet? If so please provide a recipe or link if possible.

Hi John, both of the above can be included in low carb diet, catfish has only 8g carbs per 100g and talapia has 0g carbs. If you google low carb catfish recipes you will find some links. Also if you search for 'how many carbs in' eg catfish, potatoes, cabbage, swede etc., etc., it gives you all the information you need.

Hope this helps.

johnratoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
NakhonRatchasima, Korat, Thailand. Originally from USA.

johnratoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hello again everybody. I am happy to report that a natural foods, no carb way of life is the only way and plenty of good eating can still be done. I no longer take diamicron and hope soon to quite metformin. My blood sugar stays in a normal range of 70 to 130 just before meals and bedtime. When I was pre-twenties I weighted about 135. Thanks to a no carb diet my weight is now 146 this a.m.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi John, well done you, keep up the good work.:)