Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning.

I was 4.3 post-prandial yesterday evening, after a few slices of fried plantain. I thought I might go higher, but it seems like plantain is like pasta; a modest rise, but the effect hangs around a bit. To be honest, I was rather disappointed when I ate it. It was too sweet for my modified tastes, so I won't be in a huge hurry for more.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 for me this morning, same as yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what the "good" range is for a T2 without meds?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
One of the charts I got from the DN suggested 'desirable' for a diabetic was 5.0-6.5. My blood test printouts indicated non-diabetic as 3.0-5.5.

I don't think with or without meds matters, the meds just help you get there if necessary.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Sanguine. Just checked my blood test print outs and it says 3 to 6mmol/l is normal for a fasting glucose test, so slightly different from yours. I assume the finger prick capillary test we do results in similar outcomes to the venous ones done by the nurse?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I assume the finger prick capillary test we do results in similar outcomes to the venous ones done by the nurse?

Yes, within the constraints of the meter accuracy.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me. Up a bit from yesterday, but I had a small op this morning at the hospital so was a bit stressed I think.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me. Up a bit from yesterday, but I had a small op this morning at the hospital so was a bit stressed I think.

Pre-op stress is quite understandable. And be a little kind to yourself. It takes several days to establish a trend, or prove any movements to be blips or true movements (up or down).

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
**** you beat me again ;) 4.6 but got 4.0 post lunch if that counts

Competitive diabetes? Well, I never. ;)

Oh well. I'd best crack on and have a 3.something tomorrow, because you don't even want to go there. :D I have to say, that's highly unlikely as we are having cottage pie tonight, with mashed (not sweet) potato. It wont be horrendous, but it won't induce a very low one either.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can't get that low because when I get to 4 I bounce up to 5. The only time I have made 3.8 was instantly after a run and was feeling a little dizzy so tested. 5 minutes later after a glass of water I was back up again. I suppose it means my liver is working

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I reckon my liver kicks in mid-3s these days, taking it up to c4.5. During my early period of tracking, I could readily identify when my liver was kicking in. That was at high4s, and I'd go up to 5.8. It was such a consistent rise, it was a bit spooky.

This morning I'm 4.0 on the nose. I'm happy with that, after yummy cottage pie yesterday evening.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
went to bed on 4.7 at midnight after a very rapid walk from drury lane to waterloo to catch a train and got up at 5.0 @6AM. Oh well still within my current range just at the top of it

Status
Not open for further replies.