Plain Yoghurt.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes:
OK I thought my yoghurt was good but a little bland, so I put some in a small dish and tweaked it, the Cherry juice was sweetened with sugar so I ditched that. I crushed up some Stevia sweeteners that I keep for a friend. That was better but still too mild so I added some lemon juice. Now I don't just have a good yoghurt I have a great yoghurt. I know what to do in future now. I didn't use a lot of lemon, it didn't taste lemony at all. It just gives that classic sourness witch I miss in some modern yoghurts.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think if you left your yog to brew for longer, it would get sharper and more tangy.
It also depends on your source of seed yog. If your bought pot was mild tasting, then so will your new yog, and vice versa, because it's the mix of bacteria which affects the taste...

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think if you left your yog to brew for longer, it would get sharper and more tangy.
It also depends on your source of seed yog. If your bought pot was mild tasting, then so will your new yog, and vice versa, because it's the mix of bacteria which affects the taste...
Ah thanks for that.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:)
I loved my Cherry yoghurt but when I went back for more bottled Black Cherries there were none. Got milk scalding now and bought loads of Strawberries while they are cheap. I will try what you advised @Brunneria.
Can't believe it is so easy, I am really enjoying my homemade Yogurt,I bought a kit in the late 60s but it was rubbish.

Reactions: 3 people

WilliamEE

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I just eat the traditional Farmers Union Greek yoghurt which I'm quiet happy to eat plain.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I just eat the traditional Farmers Union Greek yoghurt which I'm quiet happy to eat plain.

Well that's the beauty of making your own @WilliamEE you know what's in it, and you can eat it any way you like. I just prefer flavoured to plain. Plus you are getting 2ltrs for £1 you can't beat that.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi,
I don't enjoy the Sour taste of Natural Yoghurt, so I tried mixing in a bit of Sugar free Jelly, (the more the sweeter it becomes)
Works like a charm, and keeps it low carb, tried Strawberry, Cherry, Raspberry, and Pineapple so far and all Ok

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi,
I don't enjoy the Sour taste of Natural Yoghurt, so I tried mixing in a bit of Sugar free Jelly, (the more the sweeter it becomes)
Works like a charm, and keeps it low carb, tried Strawberry, Cherry, Raspberry, and Pineapple so far and all Ok

The Yoghurt made as in the Video is very smooth but bland not acidic at all. I added some lemon Juice because I enjoy the sourness.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It worked @Brunneria I left it a little longer and didn't need the Lemon juice.
Lovely. x

Reactions: 3 people