Made me chuckle

Livewire27

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A couple of young kids on corner of my street raising money for Diabetes UK this morning by selling 'sweeties' LOL. If I had bought their wares my blood meter would go in a spin! I said to them that its sweets like this that help people become diabetic in the first place but I think my comments were lost on them ;-)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A couple of young kids on corner of my street raising money for Diabetes UK this morning by selling 'sweeties' LOL. If I had bought their wares my blood meter would go in a spin! I said to them that its sweets like this that help people become diabetic in the first place but I think my comments were lost on them ;-)
The Eatwell plate seems to be lost on Diabetes UK so there is nothing new there.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Unfortunately I'm sure they mean well, with good intentions for this medical condition, but it's definitely not a pro active message to get across to Joe Public. It needs a more healthier outlook and possibly a new events manager to boot !

Reactions: 2 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
How lovely, they were trying, a little sad that it was not explained to them about diabetics. But at least their hearts are in the right place. Bless them give them E for effort. How did they take your remarks.?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Their intentions were good and they are raising money for a worthy cause, good on them I say :)

Livewire27

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How lovely, they were trying, a little sad that it was not explained to them about diabetics. But at least their hearts are in the right place. Bless them give them E for effort. How did they take your remarks.?
They offered me a bag of Haribo... LOL

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you have one a day, just before bedtime, shouldn't be a problem! Just think of the good cause!
Will last about a month.
Save them for the little ones in the family.