Conned

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I went into Morrison's supermarket this morning and right in front of me is Coca Life. I looked and saw it was stating that it is reduced calorie with sweeteners from natural sources. The sweetener is Stevia which is a lot better than Aspartame. I bought a six pack £ 2.60. Removed the packaging at home and the information on the can stated 22g carb per can. How can they promote this as reduced calorie? And why "waste" a good sweetener in a high carb drink? I spent over &40 in the store and forgot to redeem my £3 voucher. Not a good day.
Hello bobrobert, yes it is really annoying when you think you have found something suitable, then it all goes south. Have you considered taking it back to morrisons, and getting a refund? also using you voucher off your total shopping, and maybe writing to the company who made the product and asking why they used stevia and making a high carb product? and explaining that as a diabetic you had hoped that the product could have been suitable for you, talling them the need for refund from morrisons(hopefylly), lets us know how you get on, ttfn

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
Mix it 1/2 and half with something else or only drink half.

We all get conned mostly by empty heads. The smart ones don't try and con us only the dills.

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
These days all the sweeteners are fine it is all scare mongering everyone in business knows that they can't afford a class action so they are not interested in trying to kill us with damaging or lethal products. The cola makers have had to put up with the nonsense for 50 years or more and no one has sued them yet.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I drink Diet pepsi, hope thats ok to drink as it is the only soft drink i do have...

madperson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish-ugh & rudeness
I try to look for the carb count but it's not always that simple, but it is scary when you see the numbers, I looked at yogurts awhile back & now I will only get the low fat ones from Iceland they have almost half the sugar of "superior" low fat/diet versions- 6g compared to 14+g

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I only ever buy the full fat plain as day ones now and only if I have run out of home made.

Reactions: 2 people