Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood irk done, now wait and see. I have to figure out carb counting.. love my bread **** it...testing this morning 7.3 had big breakfast.. 7.1 before lunch 4.3 never had this low reading in 3 months go figure.. I just don't understand these numbers..

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it is working wonders for you.. I would stay on your course of action..Had my blood work this morning see next week what course of action I must take..I have to stop the carbohydrates, but they just seem to be in every meal.especially when working and bringing lunch... It does not help that I have a great Boss and he buys pizza once a week for us lol...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
During the night are you going to try and stay awake or set the alarm for every hour? Either way isn't the lack of sleep and stress going to have a negative impact on the results?

I'll set an alarm. I can be pretty efficient, with everything left on my bedside table, ready. I won't be washing my hands every time, and I won't be recording the readings in my records until next day, but they'll all be in the meter. I'll just wake, swing my legs out of bed, test, then crash again. Fortunately, I usually sleep very well.

I'll take a view when I've done it.

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Day off not going to stop my few beers..lmao. Back to work for the next 5days.. Chat later on

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it is working wonders for you.. I would stay on your course of action..Had my blood work this morning see next week what course of action I must take..I have to stop the carbohydrates, but they just seem to be in every meal.especially when working and bringing lunch... It does not help that I have a great Boss and he buys pizza once a week for us lol...
I take lunch or evening meal to work depending on what shift I'm on, usually meat or salmon with salad, often with cheese and/or egg too......even take a tub with sugar free jelly in too! It just takes a little bit of planning rather than grabbing a sandwich (or pizza!!)

Reactions: 7 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Can you eat just the topping off the pizza?

Reactions: 4 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take lunch or evening meal to work depending on what shift I'm on, usually meat or salmon with salad, often with cheese and/or egg too......even take a tub with sugar free jelly in too! It just takes a little bit of planning rather than grabbing a sandwich (or pizza!!)
And hard boiled eggs last many days in the fridge if left in the shell. I usually boil about 8 eggs Sunday evening, cool and leave in the fridge in a bowl. In the morning I grab two, along with other items, and they are the perfect supplement to a meal or as a snack on their own.

Reactions: 3 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 this am.
I had rice, Vietnamese banh mi chicken, prawns, cream of mushroom with truffle oil, and fruit last night! Had guests for dinner at home and I've been "experimenting" including the "bad" carb dinners ( rice/fruit) for dinner these past few days and getting morning 4.4-4.6... Before I used to get 6's. Does that mean my insulin resistance has lowered? Maybe.With plant based/no dairy/fish/low carb (no rice/bread) I get a consistent 3.9-4.2. Don't want to stretch my luck though, I'll go back to my usual diet :)

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 today bad for me but just out of hospital so let's hope it starts going down soon !

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 on going to bed.

5.4; 5.8; & 6.0 during the day

7.6 this morning. Aaaarrgh!

Reactions: 4 people

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning. Did snack on peanuts and 3 slices of corned beef at 11.30pm. Disappointed my am readings are creeping up!!!!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 today - went to bed on 5.5 , never went beyond 6.3 yesterday, which was 2hrs after Apple and cheese which I had after tuna salad at work !!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
kimbo, i certainly am feeling better thank you

Reactions: 6 people
Status