Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diana - Your journey has been so much bigger and significant than my own. I take my hat off to you.

Laugh in the face of 7.9. You'll get there.

(OK, I know laughing in the face of 7.9 is very hard.......)
What a lovely message, @AndBreathe , thank you. Sorry I didn't reply on Monday. This is just one of many journeys in my life (there's a book in me somewhere!) A friend I met up with for lunch yesterday couldn't believe the change in me and noticed the weight loss immediately and the radiant complexion. She also thought I was wearing eyelash extensions as my eyelashes appear to have grown even longer and are now much thicker. A result of my daily Vit D perhaps? She asked a lot of questions about LCHF and could well become a convert as, like me, she says it makes so much sense.

My bs have been running high all this week and I hope it is only down to going cold turkey after coming off co-codamol a week ago - or perhaps because 1st Sept in fast approaching. Last night was the first night since coming off co-codamol that I slept properly and didn't wake at all, not even for the bathroom. I think the tabs are leaving my body and I hope a return to my 5-6 range during the day will follow very soon.

7.3 this morning....Not quite laughing , but definitely smiling :)

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.0 - pleased after going to bed on 6.7 and feeling a bit (workload) stressed at the moment.

Reactions: 7 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
(That's after a packet of Walkers sensations chilli crisps last night. I shouldn't but I had my feet up watching TV)

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 today.....went to bed at 5.5 - never went beyond 5.9 yesterday during the day!!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 or 4.3, applying the usual criteria.

Yesterday was an interesting day, getting quite a bit done, and walking my OH through some changes we need to make to our IT/Comms set up at the other end. It involves changes to router settings, and he's a bit nervy about it. Unfortunately, it's not possible for me to make the changes remotely, unless I take control of his laptop, and whilst he's quite happy for me to do that, the internet over there is too slow to make that a credible option, so it's a talk through and lots of notes scenario. Hopefully, when it comes to waking up time that end, he'll still have comms with the outside world!

For me, today, I'll be waiting in for the postie. I have a couple of things coming from eBay, and OH has had a bit of splurge too. It's just so convenient not to have to go to the shops for something that doesn't require a touchy-feely selection process. How did we manage in the days before eBay, Amazon and all other online stores?

Overnight I have been doing hourly testing to discover my blood patterns not covered by the usual pre and post prandial readings. Of course, it's a bunch of strips, but interesting. I started at 17:00 yesterday and fill finish at the same time today. Somehow, I managed to sleep through my 02:00 alarm, but I think I probably got enough without that isolated reading. I did have an extra one at 23:30, when I obviously woke up, thinking the alarm had gone off, and tested in a stupor. Curiously, that one was 0.7 up on those either side of it, so I'll probably conclude that might have been adrenalin. I wasn't wrong about my feeling about a blood dip in the early hours, although, based on what I found this morning, I may repeat just that phase at some stage. Of course, there's nothing I can do to alter that. Let's face it, there isn't going to be a 03, or 04:00 snack appearing or my radar – ever.

Time to get a move on. It's almost 10:00 or test time!!

Play nicely boys and girls.

Reactions: 4 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Looks like you have quite a smooth downwards trend developing there Dale? How are you finding your new way of eating?
It's going quite well I think doing the 25% plate method as I'm finding I need about 2400 calories to survive, lots of protein & fats on average around 150g of carbs did give in to a two finger kit lat last night as I was craving chocolate last night but sill down this morning, don't really know if and average of 1 point reduction a day is good or bad maybe I am expecting to much, glad to see your progress though , good work and keep it up

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning
have not done any test since 2 days as traveling but managed to do one today and its not bad as I had to have a bit of white bread as I cant find brown as its a remote location so surviving on fish and omlette but dont know how many days i can survive on these two things only
Can someone tell me please my sugar levels are pretty constant now at about in betwen 5 and 6 but I am struggling a bit with my eyes today, can it be a one off, i will get the eye test done once i am back as well.
Only other thing is i am in a very sunny place compared to britain, can that be a reason too?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's going quite well I think doing the 25% plate method as I'm finding I need about 2400 calories to survive, lots of protein & fats on average around 150g of carbs did give in to a two finger kit lat last night as I was craving chocolate last night but sill down this morning, don't really know if and average of 1 point reduction a day is good or bad maybe I am expecting to much, glad to see your progress though , good work and keep it up

Slow and steady is good Dale, but careful of getting complacent with the chocolate just yet. You need to be well out of double fingers before you're into a comfortable range. The science tells us potentially dangerous cell changes can start with longer term bloods well below where yours still are. I haven't added a figure there as, to be honest, my recall of it is poor, but I can confidently say it's well down on where you are now.

I'm not saying that to be horrid, or take away from the improvement you've made, but more to try to position the improvement into the context of the bigger picture. I hope you can understand that.

I also hope you're "enjoying" the feedback from your meter. You'll wonder how you managed without it before long. I use the "" around the word enjoy, because the feedback can be extremely uncomfortable when the numbers aren't to our liking, but every single number tells us something.

Keep fighting the good fight. :)

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dale.....for chocolate craving try the 70% dark......I did at first, high cocoa so less sweet and lower carb, once I tried that I then moved to 90% dark, even less carb - and now 1 square every few days is enough!! It has an intense flavour and I simply couldn't eat more than 1 square!! Also lovely grated on either strawberries or raspberries and cream, feels like a sinful indulgence when it's low carb!!

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning ( or 6.1 adjusted) - really bad night anxiety wise then overslept.Also don't think the off piste lunch yesterday helped as had indigestion for first time in months. Much easier just being the two of us going out as Mr E has a more adventurous palette than junior.

Reactions: 4 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Dale.....for chocolate craving try the 70% dark......I did at first, high cocoa so less sweet and lower carb, once I tried that I then moved to 90% dark, even less carb - and now 1 square every few days is enough!! It has an intense flavour and I simply couldn't eat more than 1 square!! Also lovely grated on either strawberries or raspberries and cream, feels like a sinful indulgence when it's low carb!!
Thankyou I will give that a try

Reactions: 2 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Slow and steady is good Dale, but careful of getting complacent with the chocolate just yet. You need to be well out of double fingers before you're into a comfortable range. The science tells us potentially dangerous cell changes can start with longer term bloods well below where yours still are. I haven't added a figure there as, to be honest, my recall of it is poor, but I can confidently say it's well down on where you are now.

I'm not saying that to be horrid, or take away from the improvement you've made, but more to try to position the improvement into the context of the bigger picture. I hope you can understand that.

I also hope you're "enjoying" the feedback from your meter. You'll wonder how you managed without it before long. I use the "" around the word enjoy, because the feedback can be extremely uncomfortable when the numbers aren't to our liking, but every single number tells us something.

Keep fighting the good fight. :)
Thanks very much for your encouragement

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou I will give that a try
What @kimbo1962 said!! Good shout, Kimbo.

Not being a sweet eater (and no chocolate whatsoever since diagnosis), that never crossed my mind. Now then, a great big bowl of fruit and I'd be in heaven. I can eat some fruit, but I love, love, love it and it's the one class of food I still miss, for the quantities I used to eat.

Hey ho.

Reactions: 3 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Damm it just burnt my chorizo omelette won't stop me eating it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.