What's your worse figure, and do you know why?

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 about 2 months ago. I don't think it was anything I ate because I have been extremely careful to avoid anything that may cause a spike. I had a panic attack and had been under stress at work. I had also recently stopped my metformin after gradually reducing it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
HbA1c 112 mmol/mol and BS of 31.5 mmol/l. Felt ABSOLUTELY F**CKED. Was ready to crawl into A&E but I hate hospitals with a passion lol

hmm wondering if maybe this is why I'm feeling so tired and ill atm ?My reading are all in the late 20's mostly atm and i had a reading of 33 four days ago .all i seem able to do is sleep,sleep and sleep :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmm wondering if maybe this is why I'm feeling so tired and ill atm ?My reading are all in the late 20's mostly atm and i had a reading of 33 four days ago .all i seem able to do is sleep,sleep and sleep :(

Hi sue,

I see from your sig that you are low carbing - and in my experience (as a definitely non-medical person!). Those BG levels are higher than I would expect in a low carber!

Can I ask what your eating?

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi sue,

I see from your sig that you are low carbing - and in my experience (as a definitely non-medical person!). Those BG levels are higher than I would expect in a low carber!

Can I ask what your eating?

Hi Brunneria :)

I only started low carbing on Mon of this week and it did knock my bg down to around 18 and one morning 13.5 !!but this morning it's back to 26 but I had a colonoscopy yesterday and you have to drink a bowel clearing prep and stick to water and fluids for 24 hours before...and I'm wondering if it's kick back from when I finally ate in the middle of the night with bacon and eggs ?

The high readings are why I decided to give low carbing a go .I'm hoping they'll give me a boost at least .

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Brunneria :)

I only started low carbing on Mon of this week and it did knock my bg down to around 18 and one morning 13.5 !!but this morning it's back to 26 but I had a colonoscopy yesterday and you have to drink a bowel clearing prep and stick to water and fluids for 24 hours before...and I'm wondering if it's kick back from when I finally ate in the middle of the night with bacon and eggs ?

The high readings are why I decided to give low carbing a go .I'm hoping they'll give me a boost at least .

I would say that with the extraordinary 48 hours, pre and post-op, it's probably best to just shrug your shoulders on this morning;'s reading - unless you regularly eat during the night. Take heart from the reductions you saw in a short time before your op.

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
since gaining control, 13 something because of dominos pizza, i remember a time 13 would have been awesome lol

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Highest since gaining control was in February when I had a few days of 8s and 9s after my pneumonia vaccination. I felt tired and clammy, but was reassured by the good folk here that this was the cause and it wouldn't last.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deleted .. Reply not relevant to question

Mayhem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends how you define worst.
I had a 26.2 back in May when I was on holiday.
We were on a day trip and the food provided was not very suitable so I topped it up with beer.
Honestly, I felt reasonably ok

Last year, again on holiday, I got woken up about 3am by the call to prayer from the mosque outside the hotel in Amman, Jordan.
I felt terrible and knew I had a low.
Tested and was 1.8.
We ram-raided the mini bar and I stocked up on Coke and chocolate until I felt better.
I was slurring my speech, unsteady on my feet, couldn't focus my eyes, was clammy and very confused.
Again it was a day trip where we had an early and healthy lunch but didn't get back to the hotel until after they had stopped serving dinner.
We were so tired we just went to bed.

as a side issue, at what sort of level does a coma kick in?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My worst is just over 10 after 200g of turkish delight !!!! Didnt last long just 10 mins later was down to 8 and then I hit the exercise

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My worst is just over 10 after 200g of turkish delight !!!! Didnt last long just 10 mins later was down to 8 and then I hit the exercise
That seems very strange. I was 18.3 and you were 10. Your HbA1c was much higher than mine.
It does not seem to be an exact science. does it.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No but then again it isnt about what it was it is about how your body is handling it at the moment. I will say I have noticed a rise in my fasting numbers since not being able to exercise properly. When I was diagnosed the doc did a finger prick test in the 20s. The turkish delight was rather recent (which means I knew better and needed a good slap for being naughty)

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No but then again it isnt about what it was it is about how your body is handling it at the moment. I will say I have noticed a rise in my fasting numbers since not being able to exercise properly. When I was diagnosed the doc did a finger prick test in the 20s. The turkish delight was rather recent (which means I knew better and needed a good slap for being naughty)
Ah ok then, your worst figure was in the 20s.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Don't count that as it was before diagnosis and getting control

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok sorry so was mine. 9.8 I think then. There may have been a10 but haven't kept good records as my memory used to be very good.

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The two highest readings I have had since I started testing in January have been 8.3 and 8.4. The first in the very early days on prawn curry and rice, much too much rice! The second back in May when I experimented with my own OGTT. Other than these two I have never had a reading over 8.

Maxwell

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HbA1c 112 mmol/mol and BS of 31.5 mmol/l. Felt ABSOLUTELY F**CKED. Was ready to crawl into A&E but I hate hospitals with a passion lol
I knew my sugar was high following a kidney transplant as the anti-rejection tablets can cause diabetes. Hospital rang one day to say they'd just had blood test results back and sugar levels were 31. I felt fine and was watering my allotment at the time!!!!

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You need to see a doctor quickly. When the hospital rang me to say my blood test showed I was 31 they said I could go into a coma at any time. Get some help. If you dont it will start affecting your organs.