BG todays breakfast...

EPhantom

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Not sure if it's the steroids affecting me still or not, so I decided to pump carbs into my stomach again... probably around 55-60 in multigrain cheerios and 10 from the milk.
Last weight measurment gave about 103lbs/46.7kg, 5 foot 5 inches/1.65 meters. BMI = 18.8
before:103mg/dl, 5.72
1 hour:170mg/dl, 9.43
2 hour:127mg/dl, 7.05
4 hour: 91mg/dl, 5.05
5 hour... two measurements. first 117 second 103... assuming 110mg/dl, 6.1mmol/l

Uhg... gotta kill that spike and fix that one hour... at least it looks like it's going down... I think...

Last edited by a moderator:

EPhantom

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Yes that is a typo! I shall edit the post and correct it. Though my brother and I have indeed had a few hypo incidences in the past, I have had few, he says he's had quite a few... my lowest since I got off the steroids on the 22 last month was... I believe 67mg/dl or about 3.72mmol/l.

The worst one that I remember was when I went to the movies, had some soda and candy, nothing else (I did this often and didn't expect any kind of reaction as I didn't know what set off hypo events just that they happened), and after the movie ended and I'm waiting for a cab with my gf I start sweating, get cold, and start shaking. She freaked out :hilarious: I knew all I needed was an apple and some meat and I'd be fine. Prior events I didn't know what to do and grabbed myself three person size dinners and started scarfing as much into my mouth as I could... then realized I grabbed too much.:oops:

Edit: Note, I am not on insulin, my body just seems to have a hypo reactive response... I get it from my mother... and my thyroid issue... and probably my other immune issues... >.>

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
22 mg/dl = mmol 1.2 (most would be lucky to be aware at that low level - though I know its possible. Lowest I've ever gone (today) was mmol 2.1 (38)

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
before:103mg/dl, 5.72
1 hour:170mg/dl, 9.43
2 hour:127mg/dl, 7.05

1 hour mark you are almost always likely to spike - its normal. It's the 2 hour mark that you won't to be close to your starting number as you can be so being at 127 isn't that bad it is within the ADAs guide lines for glucose control after a meal and well within a post meal number for the UKDA even the CDA.

Reactions: 2 people

EPhantom

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
22 mg/dl = mmol 1.2 (most would be lucky to be aware at that low level - though I know its possible. Lowest I've ever gone (today) was mmol 2.1 (38)
that was the day of the low, the low was the 67mg/dl or about 3.72mmol/l