Weekly weigh in - Fridays

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't lose anything this week, so a STS from me today. It's been a stressful week and I know I have eaten up to my TDEE on some days. Lack of sleep isn't helping!

How is everyone else doing?

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Forgot it was Friday.
Up again 212.2 up 0.9lbs
very frustrating

TheSecretCarbAddict

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week's average is 87.2kg (last week's 90.3kg, a difference of -2.9kg). Downward trend accelerating.

Today's weigh-in 87.6kg (last Friday's 89.9kg., -1.3kg).

Current target 80kg. 7.6kg to go from today.

Haven't focused on anything else apart from cutting out carbs to 20-30g a day and doing intermittent fasting with one to two meals a day. Did stop a few meds over the last couple of weeks, and it seems like that might have boosted my progress.

• Winner
Reactions: LeafyArts

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look away now if you don't want to be startled...

Up 6. Yes 6. We were away for a couple of days. Despite a lot of walking, no snacking I didn't do well in other respects.

Meals were very salty, to the point of us talking to the manager. We went back the next night and asked for unseasoned food. Much better.

So, water, portions and no snacking should help for next week.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I keep forgetting it’s Friday :rolleyes: and by the time I remember I’ve drunk a pint of coffee (I'm not exaggerating my mug is pint size!) So I’ll try and remember tomorrow morning.

• Funny
Reactions: LeafyArts and filly

Expresso

I'm overweight (my own fault) and in January got a HBA1c of over just 60.
I'm a type 2 hyper glycemic i.e. my blood sugar goes up rather than down controlled by Metformin.
I was advised by the nurse to go on a low carb diet.

Since then I have largely cut out carbs other than low sugar breakfast cereal e.g. Eat Natural or Lizi's (both also low GI) and two thin slices of a small good quality wholemeal loaf per day. In 10 weeks I've lost 16lbs.

My blood sugar stayed quite high until I'd lost about 12lbs and then suddenly came down. The suggestion being from one of my diabetic friends that my body was reacting to the sudden change in diet and upping my blood sugar to compensate.

Due for another blood test in a couple of weeks so we'll see what the change is.

ETA that I did try the 5:2 but this didn't work for me, partly because of my work pattern and I found that I put weight back on quickly as soon as stopping. I also found the 800kcal days difficult. Currently I'm eating about 1500-1600 kcal/day and find it much easier to stick to this.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry about your small gain, @filly . It is very frustrating for you, I can imagine!

@TheSecretCarbAddict well done on that downward trend, you are doing great. Your approach is very similar to mine and seems to work really well.

Gosh @May Mic that must be water weight due to the salt, it will be so interesting to see what the scales have to say on Friday!

Did you manage to weigh @MissMuffett ?

Hi @Expresso well done on that great weight loss over the last 10 weeks, that will help your HBa1c go down when you are next tested, it really helped mine. Let us know how you get on.

Keep going everyone - bikini weather is nearly upon us (that goes for the women too)!

TheSecretCarbAddict

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week's average is 86.6kg (last week's 87.2kg, a difference of -0.6kg). Downward trend has slowed by as much as it accelerated last week. But as long as it continues to go down, I'll take it.

Today's weigh-in 86.7kg (last Friday's 87.6kg., -0.9kg).

Current target 80kg. 6.7kg to go from today.

• Winner
Reactions: LeafyArts and filly

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost 2lbs this week, which means I am no longer obese and my BMI is now in the 20s! :happy: I am really happy with that, just got to get out of the overweight category now, but I have a feeling that will take a bit longer.

Well done on your pound off this week @filly - it is great to see the scales move in the right direction.

That is still a good loss @TheSecretCarbAddict - you have had some good losses over the past several weeks, so overall, you have done brilliantly.

Yay, @MissMuffett - I got my scales out ready last night too. Mind you, that meant I tripped on them when I nipped to the toilet in the night :oops: . Great loss this week - woohoo!

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Down 4.6. As I suspected a lot of it was water weight from very salty restaurant meals. I'm a salt-a-holic and it was almost too salty for me! That and extra water to flush it out helped a lot. So back to my " normal" weight and downwards from here.

Leafyarts, congrats on the lowered BMI!

Miss Muffet - good loss! So you and I are in the same situation.

Filly, good loss. Any downward is great.

SecretCarb, as above, down is good.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @May Mic - and wow, yes, you have done well to clear all that salt/water out of your system and now you can concentrate on the actual fat loss!

Reactions: May Mic

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.11 for me. Not very happy as 4 weeks ago I set out to lose 10 ready for next week's holiday. Think I've stayed the same :(

• Hug
Reactions: LeafyArts

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.11 for me. Not very happy as 4 weeks ago I set out to lose 10 ready for next week's holiday. Think I've stayed the same :(
Oh darn it. Well don't let it spoil your holiday, life is too short for a few pounds to get in the way of a well deserved rest. You can get back to weight loss when you return.