Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 ( 5.9) but I know where it came from... Out at music thing all day in Wakefield and the fish and chip shop had shut down to be replaced by a kebab and burger thing. Both junior and Mr E starving so I had to go with flow. Got kebab and had half of pitta with bit of meat and salad but it was covered in bike sweet chilli sauce. Bloods. 8.2 at 2 hrs!!! Would have been lower with fish and a few chips!

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 ( 5.9) but I know where it came from... Out at music thing all day in Wakefield and the fish and chip shop had shut down to be replaced by a kebab and burger thing. Both junior and Mr E starving so I had to go with flow. Got kebab and had half of pitta with bit of meat and salad but it was covered in bike sweet chilli sauce. Bloods. 8.2 at 2 hrs!!! Would have been lower with fish and a few chips!

Put it down the scientific research. :)

Erm,.................... Did you enjoy it though?

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning.....had gone to bed on 4.6, would have loved to have woke up under 5 too - thanks Mr liver :***:

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Put it down the scientific research. :)

Erm,.................... Did you enjoy it though?

No it was vile. Far too synthetic chilli sauce and hardly any salad. Used to get lovely ones years back with piles of crunchy cabbage and tomato and stuff and just a drizzle of hot sauce and minty yogurt. Won't be repeating the exercise any time soon.

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
No it was vile. Far too synthetic chilli sauce and hardly any salad. Used to get lovely ones years back with piles of crunchy cabbage and tomato and stuff and just a drizzle of hot sauce and minty yogurt. Won't be repeating the exercise any time soon.

That's the problem if there's no choice.
At least it's not just me it happens to. ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 before dinner
5.5 after 2 hours
5.2 in morning

Just wanted to ask does the doc reduce metmorfin with these levels or they just continur and its upto you to stop them or reduce them

If he doesn't suggest it, you can always ask. There are lots of folk on here that have reduced meds.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If he doesn't suggest it, you can always ask. There are lots of folk on here that have reduced meds.

I'd ask. I'm supposed to be going up to 4 Metformin a day but my levels are currently running in low 5s most of day on three so I'm staying as I am for now. Need to speak to DN but practice doesn't appear to have appointed one yet and the GP , whilst nice is no expert in diabetes.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'd ask. I'm supposed to be going up to 4 Metformin a day but my levels are currently running in low 5s most of day on three so I'm staying as I am for now. Need to speak to DN but practice doesn't appear to have appointed one yet and the GP , whilst nice is no expert in diabetes.

How often do you have HbA1c tested?
Mine is every three months, we look at the results, suggest reducing the meds, and see how it is in three months time.
Plus they prescribe me strips, so I can monitor myself.

Last time we cut the metformin to 500mg, about 6 months ago we cut the Sitagliptin to a half dose, next review if I've stayed the same, and I'm happy with my results at home, we'll cut the Sitagliptin entirely.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Was the music any good though?

6.3 (5.8?) here. I've decided that holidays disrupt routine too much, especially eating regimes. I don't think I can stand using the last tub of strips from the dodgy batch, I'll order some new ones before flying to Oz. Fingers crossed the dodgy ones really are dodgy!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was the music any good though?

6.3 (5.8?) here. I've decided that holidays disrupt routine too much, especially eating regimes. I don't think I can stand using the last tub of strips from the dodgy batch, I'll order some new ones before flying to Oz. Fingers crossed the dodgy ones really are dodgy!

So so. Band i went to see were good so that was enough for me. I am on last pot of them so hopefully next lot will be better- to be fair my readings haven't been bad on them, but my body has felt lower if that makes sense.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How often do you have HbA1c tested?
Mine is every three months, we look at the results, suggest reducing the meds, and see how it is in three months time.
Plus they prescribe me strips, so I can monitor myself.

Last time we cut the metformin to 500mg, about 6 months ago we cut the Sitagliptin to a half dose, next review if I've stayed the same, and I'm happy with my results at home, we'll cut the Sitagliptin entirely.

Not often enough - had blood tests done at end of April for something else and it showed up. Then had HbA1c done beginning of July and despite it coming down from 71 to 47 in 6 weeks, GP told me over phone to work up to 4 Metformin. Also told no need to have test again till next January which seems a long time to me. Glad I have meter. Didn't help that practice DN retired just as I was diagnosed and seemingly not replaced and also practice as switched to telephone consultations with few proper appointments- ok you can speak to Gp but phoning isn't my idea of a thorough and robust method of health care. I may swap surgeries yet.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

5.4 this morning on my detox road. Starting to wonder if I should amend my plan and 1/2 my metformin for the period leading up to my appointment. Right now I'm suppose the take 500mg twice a day. Given it takes a month or more to leave your system, might be setting my self up for bad numbers in my next appointment with the inability to turn things around quickly if I start trending down in a couple weeks prior to that appointment. Hmmmmm

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ran out of strips and I'm only allowed 50 a month so have to wait for next lot .Certainly not buying them in .

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.4 this morning on my detox road. Starting to wonder if I should amend my plan and 1/2 my metformin for the period leading up to my appointment. Right now I'm suppose the take 500mg twice a day. Given it takes a month or more to leave your system, might be setting my self up for bad numbers in my next appointment with the inability to turn things around quickly if I start trending down in a couple weeks prior to that appointment. Hmmmmm

I set myself up for the worse case, and figure if that's good, that's a result.
If I set myself up for the best figures, it's just telling me I can manipulate the test.
I know the scenario, so I can decide from that.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.7 , weight lose has stagnated, 1st week without losing at least 1lb, only on 1200cals a day, 30-50 carbs per day, should be getting a little more off, but not concerned at the moment, over 2 stone gone since beginning of June. Another 1 to go and then start balancing I hope.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.