Diabetes Protocol claims to cure type2 diabetes

Tallmarky76

Hello,

My wife (who has type2 diabetes) was looking on the internet the other day and found an american researcher who has a document she had to pay for called diabetes protocol which claims to cure her diabetes in 19 days through cleansing her body and in particular her pancreas with the way of eating that he sets out in this document.

i have googled the named document and found alot of people who dont believe in this, saying why hasnt the research been released but my wife says the companies who make the medication would hate it as they'd loose out. All the things to eat and drink are all products that are readily available and nothing will harm her.

I was wondering if anyone has heared of or tried this.

Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated

Kind regards Mark

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

You will find this is a scam as he also says that he can reverse Type 1 diabetes.
If it was a miracle cure then he may have earned the Nobel Prize.
Beware of people making false claims.

Reactions: 7 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a scam; snake-oil stuff. Just ignore it. The best way to avoid or minimise meds is to have the right diet and exercise that avoids snake-oil salesmen and excessive pharma profits. However, many of us have to have some meds and it's reasonable for the companies to make some profit otherwise no future drugs?

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Totally agree, Watch Diet and do exercise. Diabetes is a disease, and I really don't think there are any miracle cures, once you have it you can control it, but you have it for life.
Beware of any overnight cures, they wont work

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my wife says the companies who make the medication would hate it as they'd loose out.
Well, maybe, but where's the incentive for the FDA to falsify/hide evidence? Why should NICE lie when they could save a ton of money that could be spent on building nicer hospitals or whatever whilst also improving patient outcomes?

All the things to eat and drink are all products that are readily available and nothing will harm her.
The harm is that people will go mistrust their doctors and chew random weeds and die of curable diseases as a result.There's a lot of weeds out there that won't harm you and might cure cancer,but by the time you've tried them all your cancer will be inoperable.

Tallmarky76

Thank you for all of your replies, as i said its my wife thats doing this. she has already ordered/bought everything for this as its her wish to do it, shes really desperate to get healthier as she also has the condition M.E. and feels bad all the time (not due to just her diabetes though)

I did think it was a scam but she'd already paid to get access to the document and she did say to me that if it doesnt work then she wont be bothered but is desperate to do something about her diabetes.

Anyway, thank you all again for all the replies

Kind regards Mark

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
Thanks Mark for the post. Myself a T2 patient was watching the same video through face book last week and was so amazed by the presentation . In fact I was about to sign up for the document, but scared to provide the credit card details to an unknown entity . If there was possibility to buy cash ,I would have not bothered to waste $40 for this purpose .
May be we can be benefited from your wife`s experience. Please do share through this forum so that we are not cheated further.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it is a bit late, however if this fraudulent package was purchased using a certain type of bank card, your bank will investigate and refund your payment.
Also trading standards should be made aware of this scam..Shopping on the Internet - Trading Standards Institute

@Tallmarky76 Please stay with this nice forum as you will get plenty of help regarding other Diabetes needs.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
In my opinion this guy 'Dr Kenneth Pullman' should be locked up and the key thrown away - it's a scam to make himself rich from the misery of others :mad:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
He's very clever at marketing and using the internet. if you put in his name and scam or quack or qualifications you still come back to sites with multiple names in the address, often obviously designed to sound legitimate. They all go back to exactly the same blurb about him and a pay to get the information link.
I would love to see a proper investigation into who he actually is .

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
Dr Pullman is not the only person, there are a few of them who are claiming reversal of diabetes in the same fashion. I saw another Dr Mark Hyman doing same . It is a good proposal to request investigation

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for all of your replies, as i said its my wife thats doing this. she has already ordered/bought everything for this as its her wish to do it, shes really desperate to get healthier as she also has the condition M.E. and feels bad all the time (not due to just her diabetes though)

I did think it was a scam but she'd already paid to get access to the document and she did say to me that if it doesnt work then she wont be bothered but is desperate to do something about her diabetes.

Kind regards Mark
the first payment is the bait, there will be more stuff she needs to buy, magic supplements, dvd's and even more special stuff in a never ending scale..even weekends for umpteen hundreds

get your wife to join the forum, there is more knowledge here that all the scams put together

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf it’s a long page and a video
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm For me, the more carbs we eat the more carbs we want. they don’t give up easy
OR
a free, real, research university, medically approved 800cal fasting diet [I would change the food drink to real food though]
Newcastle diet aims in 8+ weeks to mimic or better, the gastric surgery rate of ~80% T2 remission
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/
http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2010/mar/weight-loss-surgery-and-type-2-diabetes.html

Reactions: 4 people
G

graj0

It's natural to want to do something positive about one's condition. The good thing is that there is a lot of good advice on this forum (and others) and better than that, it's free.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(

Kind regards Mark
Mark - make sure she hasn't ordered using a continuous payment authority

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Kind regards Mark
Get her to come here and talk to the people who really know about diabetes. Many have had it for most of their lives.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I did in fact some time back take the trouble to watch his sales pitch to the very end. This was out of a weird curiosity to see which kind of 'snake oil' he was selling and at which price. And I admit he is a very clever sales person - knows every trick in the book ... - playing on all feelings ...

Funny thing was that it was almost impossible to leave his site short of closing my laptop and rebooting the system. And he keept trying to the very end to make me 'bite' - his last ressource was to offer me his 'snake oil' at only half of the original price - allegedly out of personal concern that I would miss out on this great opportunity of being cured in only 19 days ...

I feel it really, really sad that there are persons out there willing to play on the emotions, hopes and distress of persons with a diagnosis (of whichever type) for personal gain.

annelise

(and incidentally, some of the posters participating in the then discussion (on a US site), were clever enough to make extensive searches on the Internet to find his credentials as a 'doctor' - with no success! - I guess we can all call ourselves 'doctors' from now on ;))

robin47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

My wife (who has type2 diabetes) was looking on the internet the other day and found an american researcher who has a document she had to pay for called diabetes protocol which claims to cure her diabetes in 19 days through cleansing her body and in particular her pancreas with the way of eating that he sets out in this document.

i have googled the named document and found alot of people who dont believe in this, saying why hasnt the research been released but my wife says the companies who make the medication would hate it as they'd loose out. All the things to eat and drink are all products that are readily available and nothing will harm her.

I was wondering if anyone has heared of or tried this.

Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated

Kind regards Mark
Mark, I'm reading a great book by a very respected Dr Neal Barnard, called "How to Reverse Diabetes" It's easy to read and very motivational and definitely makes me feel I can do something positive,