Diabetes Protocol claims to cure type2 diabetes

fire1medic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You will find this is a scam as he also says that he can reverse Type 1 diabetes.
If it was a miracle cure then he may have earned the Nobel Prize.
Beware of people making false claims.
Has anyone actually tried this system? I have not but am thinking about it. every one on this thread has called it a scam except one but no one has said they tried it or even ordered it. No, I am not promoting this book but I would like some honest feed back on whether or not something works or not without everyone shutting down every new idea that comes along. You all are saying the same thing my Dr. has told me. Diet and exercise... well that certainly does not work for me. I am 58 years old 6' 2" 185 lbs have been a type 2 diabetic for about 10 years now. Was 225 lbs dropped weight and now run about 15 miles a week sometimes more and am on a low carb diet 45 carbs/ meal 140 max a day. I wake in the morning and BS is 230. after bk 290+ and stays that high or higher the rest of the day higher if I don't take meds A1c is 7.9. Now can anyone tell me why It is not lower? it is the same as it was 5 years ago before I lost weight and got on this stinking diet.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone actually tried this system? I have not but am thinking about it. every one on this thread has called it a scam except one but no one has said they tried it or even ordered it. No, I am not promoting this book but I would like some honest feed back on whether or not something works or not without everyone shutting down every new idea that comes along. You all are saying the same thing my Dr. has told me. Diet and exercise... well that certainly does not work for me. I am 58 years old 6' 2" 185 lbs have been a type 2 diabetic for about 10 years now. Was 225 lbs dropped weight and now run about 15 miles a week sometimes more and am on a low carb diet 45 carbs/ meal 140 max a day. I wake in the morning and BS is 230. after bk 290+ and stays that high or higher the rest of the day higher if I don't take meds A1c is 7.9. Now can anyone tell me why It is not lower? it is the same as it was 5 years ago before I lost weight and got on this stinking diet.

I'd offer two responses here, 1) that's not a very low carb diet really. Yes it's lower than average, but not that low, also what form are those carbs in?
2) are you exercising too hard? If you are in a low HR mode (even for endurance exercise) you'll use carbs initially adn then switch to fat burning, ir yu go too hard, HR rises, stress hormones rise (cortisol and adrenaline) and you can see those post-exercise spike that you have experienced.

Two morning runs this week, before any basal injection and with no bolus or carbs (i.e. minimal insulin) and BG dropped from 6.5 to about 4.5 over 40 minutes.

Of course the insulin management may not apply to you as a T2, but the principles hold true.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
am on a low carb diet 45 carbs/ meal 140 max a day. I wake in the morning and BS is 230. after bk 290+ and stays that high or higher the rest of the day higher if I don't take meds A1c is 7.9. Now can anyone tell me why It is not lower? it is the same as it was 5 years ago before I lost weight and got on this stinking diet.

Hi,

I would agree with @ElyDave that your carbs may still be too high. (I can't comment about the exercise -that's definitely not my area!)

Low carbing isn't really about dropping carbs to a certain level.
It is more about dropping them to the optimum level that works for YOUR body.

Way back in the day, when Atkins brought out his LC diet, he got tremendous flak for telling people to reduce to 15-20 g carbs. What they all seemed to forget was that he said 'do 20g carbs for 2 weeks, then gradually increase your carbs til you reach your personal level where you can eat as many carbs as possible, and still lose weight'. When you hit target weight, you then add more carbs till you know your maintenance carb limit.

Working out your bs/a1c tolerance works on exactly the same principle.
Cut carbs drastically. Wait til you stabilise. Add them back in slowly until you start getting readings you don't like. Drop back down to the max you can eat with good readings.

For me, your intake of 140g, would be FAR too much. I would gain weight fast on that.
I have to stay under 80g to get an a1c of 6.5%
And if I want lower, then I need to stay under 50g carbs.

Hopefully, you won't have to cut down so much, but I have to say, I'm eating better, enjoying my food more, and feeling so much better than I ever did when I wasted empty cals on carbs.

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

You might like to read this article.

"All natural." Some plants found in nature (such as poisonous mushrooms) can kill when consumed. Moreover, FDA has found numerous products promoted as "all natural" but that contain hidden and dangerously high doses of prescription drug ingredients or even untested active artificial ingredients.

"Miracle cure." Alarms should go off when you see this claim or others like it such as, "new discovery," "scientific breakthrough" or "secret ingredient." If a real cure for a serious disease were discovered, it would be widely reported through the media and prescribed by health professionals-not buried in print ads, TV infomercials or on Internet sites.

Conspiracy theories. Claims like "The pharmaceutical industry and the government are working together to hide information about a miracle cure" are always untrue and unfounded. These statements are used to distract consumers from the obvious, common-sense questions about the so-called miracle cure.

It cured my diabetes
http://www.youthhealthmag.com/artic...-likely-to-be-health-fraud-scams-says-fda.htm

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I would only run 15m a week if I really wanted too, you need 3 x half hour walks a week.
As has been said, you may be eating too many carbs.
for a easy to follow way to get your BG down, I would google the 'atkins induction diet', it has a food list and recipes freely available on the net, it is about 20g of carbs a day to start with
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=211805

A lot here do this, it’s a long page and a video
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
the first week
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm

AcrossThePond

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Now can anyone tell me why It is not lower? it is the same as it was 5 years ago before I lost weight and got on this stinking diet.
The answer is simple: you haven't done the homework required for successful self-management. I only eat about 25% of the carbs that you are abusing your body with and I walk about 10K per day at least 5 days per week (sometimes 7). My fasting blood sugars are in the range of 82 to 92 mg/dl (4.54-5.1 mmol/l) and my A1c has been 4.8-4.9% for nearly three years. You almost sound like a "seeded" post but if you're legit, here are some tips:

It is a scam if it preys on people suffering from a chronic disease and promises to provide a cure that isn’t backed by solid scientific evidence (data, not phony, seeded testimonials). If it really worked, I don’t think anyone that benefited could resist becoming an active advocate and post their own outcome (“cure”) on every online forum, social media site, and relate their story to any news journalist that would listen. You couldn’t possibly keep something that actually worked away from the talk shows and media broadcasts; especially if it provided a cure for a disease that otherwise has a high mortality rate. The “secrets” of the methods employed in the scam would also become widely known when the “miracle patients” are interviewed by journalists.

There are several things that provide hints as to whether a promoted book, DVD, program or supplement are potential scams:
1. You attempt to close the page on your browser and are greeted with a “Wait…discount” message
2. The promotional discount being offered is phrased as a “final offer” or good only for a limited time (typically one to twenty-four hours).
3. When you revisit the page months later, you are still offered the exact same limited time discount.
4. Your payment will be processed by ClickBank or similar third party “agent.” Unknown additional charges may appear on your credit card statement months later If you insist on throwing your money away, use this link for the D.P. scam:

***Link to scam removed by Moderator.***

But be sure you don’t use your regular credit card; read this first:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/click-bankcom-b115387
Make a monetary donation to this site in the amount you saved from using the link above.
Then post back with your outcomes and provide us with an overview of the “secret” things that you did to achieve your miracle result.

Last edited by a moderator:

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Mark, you are now a pilgrim ( your wife). Your journey, in the beginning, will seem like every road is a steep climb and every path is rocky underfoot. It is important to ask directions along the way though you must ensure the person giving directions is qualified to do so. If they have walked the route successfully that’s a great indicator they are qualified though you may still be required to alter your route slightly from theirs. While asking for directions is invaluable, a map for your journey is essential. Unfortunately there are no ready-made maps. There can’t possibly be as in most cases the steps taken on the journey are specific to each traveller. You will pass great numbers of pilgrims on your journey and some of them will be real close to you though not exactly on your track. You will notice great numbers of tracks all leading to the mountain top though each route will differ slightly. The mountain top is your goal. Of course there will be tracks that will lead you away from the mountain top and others which will take you there but only after you have taken many wrong turns and covered tracks previously walked.
You are now responsible for the task of collating the information to assemble your map. The necessary information can be found on the web but gather the information with due diligence as the quantity of prophets offering up false doctrine is endless, as is the long line of dealers pushing sales of snake oil. Diabetes.co.uk is a safe, reliable, trusted and unbiased community of pilgrims, most of whom are on the correct path or heading in its direction.
If you meet a seller of maps with a sign above the stall reading, “One-size-fits-all-maps” pass it by. Do not stop, even for a peek. Keep your mind on the mountain top.
Lastly, the mountain top is a beautiful place to live where you will meet people who control their diabetes with diet, tablets, insulin or a combination of the three and in so doing, control their lives.

Of course, one day a cure may be found.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
The answer is simple: you haven't done the homework required for successful self-management. I only eat about 25% of the carbs that you are abusing your body with and I walk about 10K per day at least 5 days per week (sometimes 7). My fasting blood sugars are in the range of 82 to 92 mg/dl (4.54-5.1 mmol/l) and my A1c has been 4.8-4.9% for nearly three years. You almost sound like a "seeded" post but if you're legit, here are some tips:

It is a scam if it preys on people suffering from a chronic disease and promises to provide a cure that isn’t backed by solid scientific evidence (data, not phony, seeded testimonials). If it really worked, I don’t think anyone that benefited could resist becoming an active advocate and post their own outcome (“cure”) on every online forum, social media site, and relate their story to any news journalist that would listen. You couldn’t possibly keep something that actually worked away from the talk shows and media broadcasts; especially if it provided a cure for a disease that otherwise has a high mortality rate. The “secrets” of the methods employed in the scam would also become widely known when the “miracle patients” are interviewed by journalists.

There are several things that provide hints as to whether a promoted book, DVD, program or supplement are potential scams:
1. You attempt to close the page on your browser and are greeted with a “Wait…discount” message
2. The promotional discount being offered is phrased as a “final offer” or good only for a limited time (typically one to twenty-four hours).
3. When you revisit the page months later, you are still offered the exact same limited time discount.
4. Your payment will be processed by ClickBank or similar third party “agent.” Unknown additional charges may appear on your credit card statement months later.

If you insist on throwing your money away, use this link for the D.P. scam:

***Link to scam removed by Moderator***

But be sure you don’t use your regular credit card; read this first:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/click-bankcom-b115387
Make a monetary donation to this site in the amount you saved from using the link above.
Then post back with your outcomes and provide us with an overview of the “secret” things that you did to achieve your miracle result.
On the other hand, a very low carb diet works fairly well and that seems to have been kept secret from the American Diabetes Association, the Canadian Diabetes Association, UK Diabetes, etc.:meh:

Reactions: 6 people

Natural Kathy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

My wife (who has type2 diabetes) was looking on the internet the other day and found an american researcher who has a document she had to pay for called diabetes protocol which claims to cure her diabetes in 19 days through cleansing her body and in particular her pancreas with the way of eating that he sets out in this document.

i have googled the named document and found alot of people who dont believe in this, saying why hasnt the research been released but my wife says the companies who make the medication would hate it as they'd loose out. All the things to eat and drink are all products that are readily available and nothing will harm her.

I was wondering if anyone has heared of or tried this.

Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated

Kind regards Mark
I have been doing a lot of research on diabetes also, and found that I am sure there is a cure for everything, that wouldn't cost us much, but the problem is they don't want us to know about it. They have shut down 2 places that had cures for cancer, and paid the people off to keep quite. Because its all about money for the pharmacys and government. All of these ones on line say they have a cure, but you have to pay them for a book, or something, I have found lots of them. So you will have to make your own judgement on what you want to buy. I am looking for the cure, and to see if any around here has found it. So Good Luck to you. Kathy

Natural Kathy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, maybe, but where's the incentive for the FDA to falsify/hide evidence? Why should NICE lie when they could save a ton of money that could be spent on building nicer hospitals or whatever whilst also improving patient outcomes?

The harm is that people will go mistrust their doctors and chew random weeds and die of curable diseases as a result.There's a lot of weeds out there that won't harm you and might cure cancer,but by the time you've tried them all your cancer will be inoperable.
You might like to read this article.

"All natural." Some plants found in nature (such as poisonous mushrooms) can kill when consumed. Moreover, FDA has found numerous products promoted as "all natural" but that contain hidden and dangerously high doses of prescription drug ingredients or even untested active artificial ingredients.

"Miracle cure." Alarms should go off when you see this claim or others like it such as, "new discovery," "scientific breakthrough" or "secret ingredient." If a real cure for a serious disease were discovered, it would be widely reported through the media and prescribed by health professionals-not buried in print ads, TV infomercials or on Internet sites.

Conspiracy theories. Claims like "The pharmaceutical industry and the government are working together to hide information about a miracle cure" are always untrue and unfounded. These statements are used to distract consumers from the obvious, common-sense questions about the so-called miracle cure.

It cured my diabetes
http://www.youthhealthmag.com/artic...-likely-to-be-health-fraud-scams-says-fda.htm
I just went to that site youthhealth, and you can tell its backed from the FDA. So I wouldn't believe nothing they have to say

dp1967

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,

I have just came across this site mentioned and it all looks good, however as you all seem to say, scam scam scam.
While I expect this, has any one actually gone with it and found out one way or another?

I do not want to hear from people that say "ITS A SCAM beware" yes we all believe that,
I only want to hear from people who have tried it and what the outcome was.

I expect it to be a scam but lets get an answer on it

So sorry if my comment upsets you, btu a clear result one way or another will help every one.

Thanks Darren.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@dp1967 Yes, it's a scam as are all the other sites with vague claims and talk of a secret cure being hidden away blah blah.

I've never purchased anything like this, but I did meet a poor woman on a diabetes open day who had forked out money. I don't remember the name of the Program she bought. It was an ebook and full of generic info about a healthy diet, exercise, cold showers, herbs, etc etc. Much like this, I'm guessing.

And no, it didn't work for her. She has Type 1 and there is no cure at the moment for type 1 - believe me, I've looked as have thousands of other type 1s and their friends and family.

These sites exist to make money or to fill your computer with malware.

I know how tempting it is to hope, even years after diagnosis, but all these sites do is take advantage of that hope. Somewhere there'll be a disclaimer - "it won't work for everyone but you'll feel healthier, get better test results, feel more energetic, etc"

I hope there will be a cure for Type 1 very soon - but I'd bet my money that it won't be this method or any other like it.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never heard anyone here say they have tried it. As with everything we can only know if it works by trying it so I hope the OP gives us some updates as to how his wife is doing with it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

I have just came across this site mentioned and it all looks good, however as you all seem to say, scam scam scam.
While I expect this, has any one actually gone with it and found out one way or another?

I do not want to hear from people that say "ITS A SCAM beware" yes we all believe that,
I only want to hear from people who have tried it and what the outcome was.

I expect it to be a scam but lets get an answer on it

So sorry if my comment upsets you, btu a clear result one way or another will help every one.

Thanks Darren.

If you are curious, you are more curious than me!

Since the programme will cost money, then curiosity is the only motivation that will encourage anyone to fork out. Maybe you could be our scout into enemy territory and test it, then come back and tell us all?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for all of your replies, as i said its my wife thats doing this. she has already ordered/bought everything for this as its her wish to do it, shes really desperate to get healthier as she also has the condition M.E. and feels bad all the time (not due to just her diabetes though)

I did think it was a scam but she'd already paid to get access to the document and she did say to me that if it doesnt work then she wont be bothered but is desperate to do something about her diabetes.

Anyway, thank you all again for all the replies

Kind regards Mark
Let us know how she gets on with it. If she has bought it she may as well try it she will always wonder if it would have worked if she doesn't

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just to point out this is an old thread and it seems none of the people who,were interested in trying this or had faith in it have reported back to tell us of their cure...

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
There is a link to Pullman's video pitch from one of his affiliates.

Edited by a mod

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Internet provides a really good platform for reaching the masses. Makes it so simple for those unscrupulous enough to get rich quick without much effort. If a product is so good it would be making headline news, not being peddled to vulnerable, gullible people.
If I was tempted to invest cash and effort into any such health claim, or indeed any grossly exaggerated offer to benefit me, but with a hefty financial outlay, I would make sure I did my research. Firstly looking at the person /persons offering me the benefit, then looking for critique, good or bad reviews.

dp1967

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers, thanks for all the replies, you confirm as I thought, a Scam as normal