Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAizen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Disloyalty
Tardiness
Hi all. Am a recently diagnosed type 2 and my fasting sugar levels are between 5.0 and 6.0.Used to have Fasting figures as high as 15. I guess weight loss from exercise has reduced my insulin resistance.

Reactions: 10 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Am a recently diagnosed type 2 and my fasting sugar levels are between 5.0 and 6.0.Used to have Fasting figures as high as 15. I guess weight loss from exercise has reduced my insulin resistance.
Welcome and well done on those glucose levels. Are your after meal counts also good?

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh I see from your profile you actually are a doctor! May I ask what sort?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Another 5.2 this morning. Emotional day, finger buffet late lunch leading to 7.3 before dinner (!) but steak, salad and alcohol with immediate family brought it to 6.2 at +3 hours (it was a long dinner!). We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm not booking that 7.3 as a preprandial for dinner because it was only 2.5 hours after the finger buffet where I had three egg mayo sandwich quarters (i.e about a slice and a half of bread) as well as low carb stuff, and there may have been something in the coleslaw. Anyway, 6.0 this morning, so lower than bedtime, and maybe increased by the previous evening's cheese and single malts - not because of the carbs but because I had a bad night's sleep!

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not booking that 7.3 as a preprandial for dinner because it was only 2.5 hours after the finger buffet where I had three egg mayo sandwich quarters (i.e about a slice and a half of bread) as well as low carb stuff, and there may have been something in the coleslaw. Anyway, 6.0 this morning, so lower than bedtime, and maybe increased by the previous evening's cheese and single malts - not because of the carbs but because I had a bad night's sleep!

I wouldn't treat it as such either, other than for any rise after dinner, and you didn't have a rise, so delete it and forget it!. You have been through the mill in recent days. Things will settle down in your blood stream now.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Sounds like you're doing great :). Welcome to the forum. It's the combination of both really
Jan

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.8 this morning before breakfast. I think the 3 mile walk the day before has definitely helped.

Reactions: 7 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Well, you smashed your fasting target! Well done you.
Thanks @bluetit. Yes. Have been brutally disciplined. 1 and a half hours of football last night helped. Cheese Salad before i went. Still honeymoon period got to make 3 months.

Reactions: 4 people

DrAizen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Disloyalty
Tardiness
Welcome and well done on those glucose levels. Are your after meal counts also good?
Yea they are .Usually between 5.5 to 6.8. I get figures as low as 4.6-4.8 when I exercise. Hoping I can maintain this.

Reactions: 7 people

DrAizen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Disloyalty
Tardiness
Yea they are .Usually between 5.5 to 6.8. I get figures as low as 4.6-4.8 when I exercise. Hoping I can maintain this.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.