Snow watch

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
its that most wonderful time of the year......
Or so the song goes. Am I the only one who is wishing for snow?

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hoping we don't get any at all. I don't like being stuck at home unable to buy food and then there's always the worry of electricity being cut off if it's stormy. It's not nice being without electricity for days when it's freezing.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i dont want snow this side of christmas, we have too much work to do, over christmas thats fine let it snowwww, me and the missus both have 4x4 cars so i dont get stuck, ner ner ne ner ner

K

Kat100

its that most wonderful time of the year......
Or so the song goes. Am I the only one who is wishing for snow?
We might get snow this year , just in time for christmas ....I know this because I have made a wish and sent it to Santa ;) x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sledging, snowball fights, picture postcard scenery, days off school, skiing, walks in the woods, the list is endless!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm definitely wanting it.. A while off for me when it comes.. Can't wait!!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
freezing cold wet clothes, broken legs, staff dont turn up, the list IS endless lol

i do like a good sledging i must admit :) and i build mighty snowmen lol

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't get too complacent in those 4x4's @Andy12345 a couple of years ago even some of those got stuck around here!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I'd love some.......but not as much as Buffalo Just had

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my truck is a snow beast, with general grabber all terrain 2 tyres, im ready!! i spend the whole time pulling people onto the main roads, its great fun, im like the snow knight in wooly armour

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's one of the things I am looking forward to when we move back to the UK next year SNOW !!!! Years since I've seen any !

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I love to see snow in the fields at the back of my house,will be a bit worried about walking in it due to a new hip.
But off to Abu Dhabi late December visiting family and getting some sun.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
images

Reactions: 8 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I've got a little Yaris..........I'm sure I'll be fine getting to work in the snow.........my roads don't seem to get gritted......it'll be fine.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
On another thread people were reminiscing about the old days. For me 1963 was the worst type of weather that I have experienced. Continually freezing for two months. Icicles everywhere, really cold all the time! I hated it as we couldn't afford to keep fire going, only Lino in the bedroom, coats and extra blankets on the bed. Thin clothes. All six of us in living room trying to make the best as parents couldn't get to work, not enough money coming in.
Snow and cold temperatures ideal on a postcard and on holiday with appropriate clothing etc.
But even in modern Britain an awful lot of elderly and disadvantaged really suffer.
The country comes to a standstill with a heavy frost!!!
Sorry @Scandichic I do like snow but there is more cons than pros!

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've got a little Yaris..........I'm sure I'll be fine getting to work in the snow.........my roads don't seem to get gritted......it'll be fine.

My excuse for time off is that i'm a gardener... So really no work.... And can't wait till snow!! Bring it on!!!!!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want it.

I can walk to work, or use it as an excuse to work from home.
There's a shop 200 yards down the road.
And we very rarely get power cuts.

I WANT IT.

But I totally understand if the rest of you have piffling reasons why you don't (osteoporosis, starvation, hypothermia, that kind of thing)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
On another thread people were reminiscing about the old days. For me 1963 was the worst type of weather that I have experienced. Continually freezing for two months. Icicles everywhere, really cold all the time! I hated it as we couldn't afford to keep fire going, only Lino in the bedroom, coats and extra blankets on the bed. Thin clothes. All six of us in living room trying to make the best as parents couldn't get to work, not enough money coming in.
Snow and cold temperatures ideal on a postcard and on holiday with appropriate clothing etc.
But even in modern Britain an awful lot of elderly and disadvantaged really suffer.
The country comes to a standstill with a heavy frost!!!
Sorry @Scandichic I do like snow but there is more cons than pros!
Don't want elderly to suffer. In the days of loads of snow and childhood we used to walk to the nearby town with a sledge and my parents brought back groceries for those who couldn't get their own.
Just love snow. I would like a kick sled for Christmas!