Snow watch

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our local paper had an article in it 2 years ago saying how on the night some snow fell, a burglar was tracked back to his home by footprints in the snow.

Excellent, eh?

Just goes to show how little snow we get round here (east coast, N Lincs)
And, of course, how utterly gaumless some people are!

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Winter 2012/13 we had roof replaced in pouring rain and gales with water running down the internal walls. Then had the windows and doors replaced in - temps with snow!!!!

Put money on it, that now we are snug bunnies that there is no snow this year!

Can poach an egg on top of the woodburner or toast marshmallows in the fire.. I would like a little bit of snow.

In Wales we lived in a place full of retired english...and one 90yr old welsh lady. When we sold up the builders said to me "who's going to be our warden now? We cleared snow from oap drives, got their food, called ambulances when needed etc.
Since moving back to a younger neighbourhood in England with a few OAP's it is a great shame that I'm still the only one that will check on these OAP's.....

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

It is the only time in my life that I have seen ice going out on the tide down the Mersey!!
We still had to go to school, it was the warmest place to be!
The thaw was worst as the pipes had frozen and no matter how much insulation and coats etc that my dad put on the exposed pipes they still froze . We had pans, buckets, anything to stop water getting everywhere.
We still used an outside toilet!!
When you went sometimes you couldn't go! Because it was so cold. Our coal bunker was other side of toilet, and muggins(me!) was volunteered to always go and get it! I was the youngest.
There was a lot of shortages and we couldn't afford much then.
If I remember the country came to a complete standstill for ages.
It is still has the lowest crime figures for modern times those couple of months!!
I'd forgotten about the outside loo, good grief it was cold in there!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't mind snow but for purely selfish reasons I don't want any snow before Christmas which might affect flights, and stop me spending my baby granddaughter's first Christmas with her. (But I won't mind being prevented from flying home due to bad weather!)