Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Yep, but at least it's a dry heat .... and i'm well insulated :)
My brother used to say that when e went to the Greek Island he loved every year. Never having been abroad I never really understood - I'm well insulated too but it doesn't always work :wideyed:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Very late posting today! Kindle problems- but replacement being covered tomorrow, the app on my phone only lets me read not post:mad:

Waking 5.3
Pre lunch - after a good walk around town was 5.7, didn't test after as was tried and tested homemade soup.
Pre dinner 5.1 - didn't test after as tried and tested black farmers and coleslaw, raspberries and cream
Bedtime 4.8
Will catch up on all your posts in the morning - sweet dreams !!;)
Kindle fire ? Using one now. Try going through the web site not the app. I find the app a pain in the bum.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Is it me or is thread getting a bit surreal with multiple dialogues going on in parallel!
Going to drop out of the surreality now ;) off to bed where I planned to be an hour ago - up early tomorrow. Good night (or whatever time frame you are working with) everyone

Reactions: 5 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back down to 6.3 this morning was not as stressed yesterday. Have a good day all.

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

Kindle fire ? Using one now. Try going through the web site not the app. I find the app a pain in the bum.
@kimbo1962 - I eventually found I hadn't logged in on the App and once I had I could tap on a post to turn it blue (sort of highlight it) then go to the top (third in from right on mine) where there's a speech balloon thing, tap that and reply option comes up (or there's the reply thingy at the bottom)

Reactions: 2 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@kimbo1962 - I eventually found I hadn't logged in on the App and once I had I could tap on a post to turn it blue (sort of highlight it) then go to the top (third in from right on mine) where there's a speech balloon thing, tap that and reply option comes up (or there's the reply thingy at the bottom)
Yep. Still find the web site better and more stable.

Reactions: 3 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Hope your day was a good one too - Been shopping - not my favourite occupation ;)
Day was as always a busy one at work, then when i got home put together my new exercise bike, took 3 hrs but hopefully worth it.

Reactions: 7 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. To test myself I had a baked potato for the first time since diagnosis with my evening meal last night, 240g of potato, with before/1 hour/2 hour readings coming out at 4.6/10.3/6.4. My (non diabetic) wife tested at the same times on 150g of potato with readings of 6.6/7.3/6.6. I was surprised at the 10.3 which is the highest reading I have had since I got my meter in January, but I interpret this as my pancreas, while not working as it should, can still deal with carbs quite well. I did a further 2 readings at 3 and 4 hours to record 3.9 and 4.5, so it looks like there was a bit of "overshoot" and then recovery.

Maxwell

Reactions: 10 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shocking 6.2 the morning still aclimatising.
I ate late last night, and I did not exercise as normal. I will do a 60 minutes walk to bring levels down to more acceptable level for today.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 about normal for my at the moment with extra meds for my stupid chest that's had me up since 4:30 UK time.
Wrap up warm out there it looks cold and foggy.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 10 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.2 this am but had a real good nights sleep last night I didn't wake up once :):singing:

Reactions: 12 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 back to my usual range. Completed putting together new bike yesterday gave it a trial run this morning.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1416987998.707469.jpg

I realise photo is not as interesting as others that live in sunnier climes, but its all I have at the moment. Enjoy your day all, I'm off to work now.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:)
Thank you nuthead! ! Just seen this and am now logged on via my phone and look- i can post!! I shall delete the app from my phone as I've never been able to post from it! Replacement kindle due this morning, it's been playing up a few weeks so I rang for advice as it's due to run out of warranty in three days time- no quibble from amazon and they send out the replacement BEFORE you return the old one!! Yes, it's a kindle fire hd

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
o_OWhile I'm here.....5.3 this morning for me at 6 am, lately I'm waking earlier- last few days 5 am even and not getting back to sleep. Combination I think of feeling more alert in general but also a few emotions going on inside

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.