CAMEMBERT CHEESE

Ollie88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a tub of Camembert sitting in my fridge and every recipe I've seen for baked Camembert is accompanied by bread. Any suggestions for alternatives to dip into the gooey, melted cheese? Celery sticks don't have the same appeal unfortunately.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Why not just eat the lovely melted cheese with a spoon, I do :rolleyes:

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
In France, with a baked Mont d'or cheese or a raclette they pour the cheese over charcuterie (dried sausage slices, bayonne/parma ham, ) and non low carb potatoes. Serve with a green salad and gerkins.
Like this http://www.rachelkhoo.com/recipe/recipe-mont-dor-fondue
(excellent after a day hiking in the mountains or skiing but not an everyday dish!)

@phoenix
Thanks for this. demolished a Camembert last night with charcuterie slices as dips!
DEELISH!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I prefer baked goats cheese with some baked cherry tomatoes .
Had this for my lunch yesterday !
Nice alternative to the camembert cheese's

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
o_OI'm fairly recently diagnosed and on 5% saturated fats max 5% sugars max so don't think camembert fits in with that regime.......can't even find a low fat brie, which I'm sure I had seen in the past......pooh!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
@phoenix
Thanks for this. demolished a Camembert last night with charcuterie slices as dips!
DEELISH!
Mmmmmmm might have to brave the shop on the way home from work just for a Camembert.........not like i haven't got a least 10 other types of cheese in the fridge :angelic:

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
o_OI'm fairly recently diagnosed and on 5% saturated fats max 5% sugars max so don't think camembert fits in with that regime.......can't even find a low fat brie, which I'm sure I had seen in the past......pooh!
why only 5% fat? I'm more like 70%

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Has to be one of the worst cheeses around Camembert, I'd sooner use a blue cheese like Stilton for dipping.