Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on Sitagliptin for a while but came off it in August as my hba1c was 40 and the DN thought that statins had increased my BS from 6.8 at diagnosis to 7.2. My last hba1c in November was 42 which is considered acceptable so am now diet only again. I think by comparing my readings to others I'm worrying unnecessarily so I've decided to be happy with my levels as we are all individuals after all!!
From what i've learned, as long as your can keep your average below 7.8 [being the highest average before you go over 48] your hbA1c should be fine,

alliebee

Going bed on a 5.8. Very spotty. Even have the measely rash in my ears. Mega fed up. Itchy all over. I thought measles were for children! To make it worse I had it when I was young! Meh :( rubella can get lost

Reactions: 10 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lavender oil massage to help the itching, Hope it gets better very soon.

Reactions: 2 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going bed on a 5.8. Very spotty. Even have the measely rash in my ears. Mega fed up. Itchy all over. I thought measles were for children! To make it worse I had it when I was young! Meh :( rubella can get lost
lavender oil massage to help the itching, Hope it gets better very soon.
linked again, derrrrr me.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.8 this morning which is the same for most days. I don't seem to be able to get it lower but should I be to concerned about it particularly as my levels are often low 5s or 4s throughout the day

No
Normal is
  • Normal: 4.0 to 5.9 mmol/l (70 to 107 mg/dl)
  • When operating normally the body restores blood sugar levels to a range of 4.4 to 6.1 mmol/L (82 to 110 mg/dL)
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Too low has it's own issues, so you look fine there.

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.2 for me so very happy ... and that was on waking rather than waiting 1/2 an hour after getting up

Reactions: 14 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me a "high" 6 after going to bed on 5.3, but after an awful disturbed long night with an unwell daughter, call to 111 for advice resulting in them sending an ambulance I guess par for the course! She has been unwell for a week now and I had been trying to put off going to urgent care ( we were downgraded from a&e) and waiting for gp to be open tomorrow. We stayed home on advice of how busy the a&e would be at Boston (23 miles), observe and ring if need advice, try for gp online appointment tonight......what a worry!
Horrible,, I am sure all will be okay.

Reactions: 6 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
People are waking up while I'm getting ready for bed. I guess I'm a few time zones away.

Reactions: 10 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.4....am surprised as never stopped eating....must get back on track, however had a bad night ...throat sore and did not sleep well at all....
Teeth starting to break also now so a visit to the dreaded Dentist needed :eek:

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
4.8 for me 1 hour post dinner and 60 long driveway laps. Can't believe that :) Lowest ever by a LONNNNG way. Time to give that away for the evening and stop punishing myself.

Reactions: 14 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 this morning, which I'm pleased with considering the way I've been feeling these last few days... Not been testing and not been eating much but still had the most awful stomach upset that lasted for hours last night! :yuck:

I'm starving this morning .... could eat a horse!! :eek: Oops forgot I'm vegetarian!!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. The beginning of another week resolutely committed to the war. "No surrender No retreat."

Reactions: 13 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
6.2 dont know why.didnt eat much last night as we went out to friends buffet and it was all carby food,just had cheese and a slice of ham.

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.