Things that SHOULD lower your bg but dont

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

We had a topic about things that should spike us, but don't. So I thought: what about stuff that theoretically should bring your BG lower, but don't?

I find that housework DOES lower my bg, as expected. Except IRONING :wideyed: Don't ask me why, ironing always makes my levels go up. I even once used it to prevent a low :D I was falling a bit too soon after a meal and heading into a hypo, and had some clothes waiting to be ironed. After 15 minutes of ironing, my bg leveled out nicely :woot:

Anyone else finds some activities that should bring them low, but don't?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My levels go up a lot with certain housework. Cleaning windows is one that comes to mind. Strangely, walking the dog is another. Many members here do certain exercises and their levels come down nicely after a meal. Mine just go up again! :confused:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes, definitely. I agree with you that IS true, ironing,:( You stand in front of a board, and move your arm, to the left, then the right for a while depending on the amount of clothes that need ironing. That's not exercise to me, but my DSN said it was:wideyed:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ironing - what's that????

People used to use one of these, now that would be proper exercise for me lol

images

:p

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ONLY if you used that lump of iron to smash the ironing board :)

Lol I'm not sure if they actually had 'Ironing boards' then Mike, like we know now:p but it must of been very hard and sweaty work though, phew.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
lazy people back then RRB :) Didn't grow 'em tough like we do now:rolleyes:

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I knew that one day I'd find a good reason for never ironing (I don't even know how). Thank you everyone!

By the way, I do have several of the old irons discussed above, as they make excellent bookends.

Jane.