Help to bring blood sugars down

Brettskee

Hi everyone does anyone no of anything to bring blood sugars down tried fast acting insulin water another bolus injection
I’m not usually this bad when sugars are at 25 feeling like I’ve had about 8 pints but I’m teetotal haven’t drunk for 25 years not a nice feeling can just about use the phone

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you're feeling so rough @Brettskee If the 25 is from a cgm, have you checked this with a finger prick test. Also have you checked for ketones?

With very high levels like that, especially if you can only just about use the phone, please ring 999 or go to A&E urgently.

Please keep us updated and take care.

Brettskee

Finger prick was 26 .7 think on way down at 21.6 on sensor and 22 on finger prick metre just checked A1c to high 11.9 (107mmol/mol) and average glucose 18.6 feeling bit more with it now hopefully goes down more had 80 units humalog and 80 of Tresiba bloods are always high just felt a lot different the last couple of hours

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Brettskee

Put the libre sensor report thingy in photo
IMG_1714159153.353692.jpg
IMG_1714159153.353692.jpg

TheSecretCarbAddict

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd suggest you need to talk to your diabetes care team about your treatment. You are not having a one-off high. Your blood glucose seems to be running quite high all the time. As it has been mentioned, the high readings you have been seeing just now indicate the danger of DKA, which can be fatal.

If I were you and relying on insulin, I would be seeking urgent medical help right now.

Brettskee

Yes been to see endo he just says up your insulin’s by 10 units ile see you in 6 months absolute waste of time when I went to see this new one he says there’s nothing more we can do apart from tytrating your insulin and that’s it I did question him that I’m severe insulin resistant and I’ve been down this road before been up to as much as 10 injections a day 1.000 units of insulin bolus and basal he then said ile see you in six months ok. Came out of there a bit dumbstruck I then phoned doctors to ask for some keystone strips as I’ve run out they said that we need a letter from the consultant I did say I don’t think the way I’ve been treated is quite right they replied well they are the spatialise hence my post think last week just don’t no who to talk to about this situation as my peripheral neuropathy is got really bad

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77 and EllieM