Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm 6.4 this morning but I got up feeling awful, took my antibiotics and painkillers and went back to sleep.
My pre bed was 5.8 No surprise after having crisps before dinner....
I've tested again now (proper get up) BG back to 5.7...

Definitly the infection and the flu are affecting my BGs and making me want bad food :grumpy:, I'm not worried about the numbers, they will come back into shape, I'm tiiiiiiireeeed of being sick thoguh... not fun. really nasty flu.

They offered me a flu jab last time I saw the nurse... I thought I didn't need it as I never get the flu... but there you go...

Reactions: 19 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.6 this morning. Post -dinner= 3.9

Fasting average for Feb = 4.4

Fasting average for 18/12 -31/1 was = 4.8

Reactions: 12 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
So my new Codfree test strips arrived yesterday
Last night bedtime. 7.5. Before breakfast 8.5 Two hours later after stroll with dog 5.9
Breakfast was porridge made with water and a dollop of yogurt on top.
Do I trust that 5.9? I don't know. Would you believe it. I didn't re test, as don't want to use up strip too quickly.

Reactions: 13 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really don't know whats happening cannot blame batch 44, did have a snack late last night (midnight) mainly cheese & teaspoon of pickle, then got up 1 1/2 later than normal

6.6 this morning retested 6.2 ? :(

Neil

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really don't know whats happening cannot blame batch 44, did have a snack late last night (midnight) mainly cheese & teaspoon of pickle, then got up 1 1/2 later than normal

6.6 this morning retested 6.2 ? :(

Neil

It happens. It's a mystery. It's a game. It's frustrating. It's confusing. It's diabetes.

Reactions: 10 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've totally changed my diet since the beginning of February and have not had any potatoes, pasta, rice or my beloved artisan white bread. I only occasionally have a slice of Seed Sensations or Burgen Soya and Linseed.

Yesterday my food intake was:

Greek style coconut yogurt, mixed berries & 50 grams granola (after 2 hours 5.8)

1 large cup of homemade vegetable soup (after 2 hours 7.7)

Casserole lamb shank and Celeriac mash (after 2 hours 5.7)

Coconut yoghurt and raspberries (after 2 hours 7.2)

I think the coconut yoghurt didn't do me any favours as it's 10.4 g per 100g compared to my usual 5.1g.

Hi Wee Fergus, I'm surprised you can get away with the Granola at 50grams weight, i'm only ever been able to just sprinkle about 10gms on my yogurt with berries have you checked at 1hr to see whether you are being spiked, I was!

Neil

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou! Ive lost 30lbs since January, 40 altogether so im hoping this helps as well.
That's amazing weight loss Lexa-x keep it up, your numbers I'm sure they will follow you and come down. The fasting is usually the last to move.

Neil

Reactions: 6 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Hi Wee Fergus, I'm surprised you can get away with the Granola at 50grams weight, i'm only ever been able to just sprinkle about 10gms on my yogurt with berries have you checked at 1hr to see whether you are being spiked, I was!

Neil

Hi Daddys1

I was 6.2 before I ate, 7.9 @ 1 hour after and 5.8 @ 2 hours after. Is that too high a reading at 1 hour? I'm sometimes that at my fasting reading.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

4.9 this morning, 5.8 post brekky
6.1 pre dinner 5.7 post dinner
just had 2 slices of homemade, very well seeded bread and 4 veggie hot dogs and lots of butter on bread. One coconut pancake with squirty cream - makes a lovely cream cake :hungry::hungry: stuffed now, a while since I ate TWO slices of bread. Pre and post figures to follow hope the "pudding" has added some damage limitation :D

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

Neil
It doesn't matter at an hour though, that's quite normal....it could be a delayed spike at 3 hours though so may be wise to check at say 2.5 and 3 hours a couple of times though

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Daddys1

I was 6.2 before I ate, 7.9 @ 1 hour after and 5.8 @ 2 hours after. Is that too high a reading at 1 hour? I'm sometimes that at my fasting reading.
Hi I think the 7.9 is OK but personally I would not want it much higher than that for me.

You may need to take @Sable_Jan 's advice and test at 2 1/2 & 3hr. Which Granola is this and have you looked at the carbs?

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tested tea normal black tea
I was so curious to get to the bottom I tested about 40 different things
I have 2 cups of tea in morning on weekends.
Weekdays it's 1
I tested my tea and got 18
It was with 1 sweetner
Well I thought where is the spike and tested the other cup of tea without sweetner and that was 17ish
Worried about this I tested milk that came Lo
Tested my wife's tea with 4 sugars and that was 18 too
Mine was 18 and 19
Tested water and I think I got error on that
Well left it there and in the evening again did same thing tested tea with sweetner without sweetner with sugar and all were this time either 9 or 10.
Then I put water and just tea, I don't use tea bags just fyi and tested that water
I thought that should be Lo but it came at a shocking 19
Would be interesting to see if your results are same as mine and whether it is ok to have something that has 18 to 20mmol?

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink redbush or Roibuos tea with unsweetened soyamilk, it seams to be OK with me and might make by be go up by .5-1 point

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Does that work?
I remember when I first got a testing machine I tried a number of times to test an orange but repeatedly got an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.