The D files.

MidnightStar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting thread.

I first saw spirits at the age of 4, my mother saw them too on that occasion. Since then l've experienced all sorts of wierd stuff. I've had several OBE's, and seen the spirits of living people.

There is a woman I work with, we have the same dreams at the same time and we sometimes hear each others thoughts.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
At last .... a bunch of people that make me feel perfectly normal!
I have never had spooky kooky experiences and I had a misspent youth where I smoked jazz cigarettes and had blotter induced dreams!
Nope .... I'm Mister Normal.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have never had spooky kooky experiences and I had a misspent youth where I smoked jazz cigarettes and had blotter induced dreams!
Are you sure, you're not the odd one?;):confused:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I've seen "orbs".. Either 6inch diameter gossamer bubble type. Or on one ocaision a bright white lights passed through my car just as it was starting to stall on a back road in Warickshire.. I had a passenger at the time. We both saw it..
The same person that was in the car incident. (An ex girlfriend.) we both heard a door slam upstairs in my parent's house as I let myself in to drop off some band gear after a gig. Then we heard heavy booted footsteps running about up stairs.. I grabbed a mike stand (the heavy chrome plated type.) & we investigated.. No one in the house...

Same house. Dark humanoid shapes.. Another girlfriends flat. A 19th century type farm labourer. That guy hated me..!
To name a few..
My currant house. The first two weeks we moved in while I was pulling the place about & painting. A little old lady wasn't keen on the colour scheme or my music taste.. I found an old doctors bag in the attic full of Mozart sheet music... For the first two years after moving in, telesales phoning for a "Dr Hague"... (I believe now she was a retired wheel chair bound Doc.)

@urbanracer i've had "OBEs" as a kid. But kind of discount my experience due to location of being in bed at the time.. But they were like no dream (which I rearly dream anyway.) I have ever experienced.. I was brought up in a developed batch of 250 year old tiny cottages. I have also "woke" in my room to find the layout changed drastically. but to the point of the original architecture boundaries. With the familiarly located light switch unobtainable.. Every thing I should be able to find or trip over in the dark, gone..

Or is this just a precursor to me going loopy in my old age...? lol.

I doubt if you're loopy @Jaylee , If you're interested - here's some more from my diary.

If you recall the previous post, I told you about the work colleague that I seem to share dreams with. Well my last OBE actually happened at work around midday one day last year. I had my head down doing some rather laborious engineering calcs and next thing I know, it seems like I'm standing beside this womans desk. I watched her put the strap of her handbag over her head ( I'm still sitting at MY desk in a different office ) and couldn't see anything else for a couple of seconds. A few minutes later this woman walks through my office on her way to lunch and she's wearing the clothes that I had just seen her in, and carrying the handbag that I had just seen - that was the first time I had seen her in the flesh (so to speak) that day.

Had another completely different experience this week. My partner has a friend whose husband kicked the bucket just over a week ago. We didn't know him well but went along to the service to be polite. His poor widowed wife was bawling her eyes out during the ceromony. At one point I looked up from reading the service pamphlet and saw a white humanoid shape (only head and upper torso) hovering above the grieving widow. I blinked, and it was gone.

Having a general interest in this stuff, I'd also been reading a lot about spirit guides recently. One evening, as an experiment, I tried asking 'my' spirit guide for help in making a decision as to whether finding a nursing home place for my mother was the best thing for her. The next morning I get up and go to the kitchen to put the kettle on. Still bleary eyed, I am looking out the kitchen window whilst simultaneously opening the door of an eye level cupboard on my left, when a loud noise demands my attention. I look down, and the sugar bowl is upside down on the kitchen worktop. The interesting points about this are, a) It is not possible to close the kitchen cupboard with more than about a 1/4 of the diameter of the sugar bowl overhanging the shelf - so it could not have overbalanced and fallen out by itself. b) Not a single sugar granule was outside the upside-down rim of the bowl, it had been 3/4 full and the entire contents were contained within the bowl until I lifted it. c) I went to see my mother in the hospital later that day only to find a doctor (very rare as I'd been trying to speak to one for several days days without success) attending to her and he was only too keen to tell me that 'your mum has vascular dementia and probably won't be able to cope on her own any more, I've alerted Social Services and they will make contact with you to discuss what's best for her.'

The truth is out there................

Reactions: 2 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I can remember in my early teenage years experiencing "Astral Projection"

I would be semi conscious and I would actually feel my self levitate from the bed (I was always aware when it was happening but I never once opened my eyes when it was)

My body would then rise up to the ceiling and I would feel my body turn so my back was to the ceiling and my front would be directly facing the bed from which I had risen.

Then I would travel across the ceiling (back touching) and I would start circling. Then I would feel myself opening the bedroom window before leaving it and ascending into the sky above. The feeling was incredible and I could feel myself travelling at speed, soaring !

This would last for about one or two minutes before I would return and go through exactly the same routine, in through the window, closing it, circling around the ceiling, turning and then returning to the position I was in before I'd left which was on my back in my bed.

Then I would open my eyes and wonder if it was a dream or not or something more unexplainable ! I always wanted to open my eyes when this was happening bit never did. Fear of something but I don't know what !

I would say I experienced this probably 15 - 20 times in the space of about 2 or 3 years. I think I must have been about 15 years old when I experienced it for the last time.

I was 13 years old when I was diagnosed as Type 1.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I've experienced astral projection too. lol I loved it, I wish I could still do it now, the speed of it was exhilarating.

Reactions: 4 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How old old were you !

Even though I never opened my eyes it was like I knew what I was flying over. It was really weird. Never really had a conversation regarding this but great to know at least one other person has experienced it.

Yeah it would be great to experience it again !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol, I was around 7 when I started doing it and maybe 45 when I stopped.

You do know that scientists say this can't happen....and that we're imagining it?! I think with me it was connected with childhood trauma.

When I had a heart procedure a couple of years ago, I had a good look around the things in the operating theatre to see if there was anywhere I could look down on to prove that I did this. lol. There wasn't and the surgeon laughed (with me, not at me) when he realised what I was doing. :)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too. This has become a very comforting thread. Beliefs of these kinds make life richer. A friend of mine used to see an angel in her lounge who was so tall she had to go upstairs to the bedroom to see his head. Reality is subjective, discuss. Etc.
*edit* HG Wells, writing in an age of intense interest in the occult, imagined graphically an OBE during an operation in a short story called Under The Knife.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Also when I was about 7/8 years old I awoke from my bed and there was this "thing" standing over me. It had a really long snout with razor like teeth protruding. There was saliva dripping from it's mouth. It was wolf like but had had goat like hind legs.

Anyway I jumped up and run into my mum and dads room and just jumped on their bed in between them. I was crying and stating what was in my room. After a long time my father carried me back to bed and showed me that there was nothing there.

For weeks I was traumatised and my parents took me to see someone (not sure who) and what was concluded was that I was having a nightmare, it stirred me enough to make me open my eyes but not enough to waken me and what I was dreaming was being projected and I could see it in front of me (so technically I was seeing what I was dreaming!)

I think it was real though, I can still smell it's saliva !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm. I think it was real too. lol. I hope no-one I know reads this.

MidnightStar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a dream a few years ago that I was on a beach and a beach buggy drove past me at speed and flicked wet sand onto my cheek. When I woke I had dirt on my face. I was only diagnosed as T2 last December.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys the the dream accounts & blogs are great!.. :cool:Though in fatness. i tend to discount anything that happened in bed for obvious reasons.. ;)
Yep its true one could dream your on an air plane about to crash..? But that could be triggered by an "outside influence" during "dream state", like a noisy bin lorry doing a collection....

But is there a tie between cases of actually seeing "dead people". ( The "gifted" types.) & the later life diagnosis of something like Alzheimer's or dementia..?

Though. i've seen a lot of "old boy" WW2 "Foo fighter" retold accounts & they seem pretty much together to me...! LOL

Scully-the-x-files-25310549-2560-172322222.jpg