Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
6.4.... No words....

Reactions: 15 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning. Good workout last night also exercised before eating.

Twenty minutes after exercise and at the start of meal 5.4, I was too tired to do the two hour reading. :)

Reactions: 25 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.5 on this wet miserable Manchester morning, but I don't care only 1/2 day at work then lunch with family at a nearby Turkish eatery that has been getting good reviews.

Have a good day everyone catch up with you all later.

Reactions: 24 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning which is the highest I've had for ages with no reason I can see looking at my food diary. Guess it's my body's idea of an April Fool's joke!

Reactions: 22 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2. Seems to be in the region of the 8's that my body sits at. April is the month that I am going to embrace Low Carb High Fat eating so it will be interesting to see the figures for the coming days.

JohnD54, the turkish restaurant sounds good.

Reactions: 19 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.4 this am Seeing the Nurse today just for a check up ...gastroscopy next Tuesday not looking forward to that but will be glad when over and done , still quite windy here this morning but the sun is shining ...have a great day all:happy:

Reactions: 15 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Kezzer4321

I don't know how, or why, but although that's what the carbs say they don't impact on my bs :happy: and I have tested them many times because of it. I do know that there are carb ratings which include ALL carbs and not just "available" carbs....... the same seems to apply to me with SugarFree chocolate (at least the brand I treat myself with) ..... I wish I could remember where I read about the "available" carbs - i.e. the carbs your body actually uses. When I find it I will post a link to the article. If I were to eat the same amount of carbs as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes I know my bs would jump (or maybe even do somersaults)
Might be 'net' carbs as in Atkins? Or polyols?

Reactions: 2 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
5.9 think its fair to say the meds review has done its job

Next step is to get down the amount of meds - I've dropped the Gliclazide from 2 twice to 1 twice (Step 1)

Reactions: 21 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

6.5 on a bright and sunny morning. At least heading in the right direction.

Better nights sleep and will take monty for a run along the beach during lunchbreak.

Pleasant day to you all.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.