Dinner

Evelyn1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday night I had fish, vegetables,berries and a lot of nuts. Before dinner was 5.2. 1 hour was 6.7 , 2 hour was 6.7 and 3 hour was 6.4. Today when I woke up it was 5.9. Usually it is between 4.3 to 4.9. Is the numbers ok?

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I would be happy with those figures. What's worrying you ?. Remember there could be up to 15% meter error

Evelyn1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Because usually my morning reading is between 4.3 to 4.9. But today it was 5.9. So i am abit worried if i had eaten too much nuts. Does the 15% error means the reading could be 15% lower or 15% higher? Are all meters the same? If its 15% higher my reading will be much higher than expected :(

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Because usually my morning reading is between 4.3 to 4.9. But today it was 5.9. So i am abit worried if i had eaten too much nuts. Does the 15% error means the reading could be 15% lower or 15% higher? Are all meters the same? If its 15% higher my reading will be much higher than expected :(

You could have a mild cold .... nothing to worry about at all. The 15% could be above or below the "real" number. I can have EXACTLY the same meals one day to the next and do nothing different but I will get 4s or low low 6s. No rhyme or reason.

Evelyn1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, if I don't eat nuts my readings for dinner will be around 5 and morning will be within 4. But if the numbers is ok I will continue to have the nuts as snacks with my dinner.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Again .... they are good numbers. You are stressing over nothing which COULD be a reason behind those (miserably) low rises.

When you hit the 8s (constantly) then start a review on what you're eating .... as for now? They are great !!!

Reactions: 2 people