diabetic meet up2, 27th of June,1 pm, www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL

Are you attending the meet up?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • May be able to.

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Room for a newbie? I'm quite shy but would love to meet fellow T1s, long time T1 and feeling a little lonely.
You would love it, it's really great to meet others in the same boat as you, come along ☺☺☺

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ewelina As this is in the type 1 forum, I am assuming only T1s are invited? I have no problem with this, but I am getting a banner across the page inviting me to look at this thread. It happens when I am not logged in too (but says 'guest'). Can you clarify please? If it is T1s only maybe that could be put in the banner? ............................

"Hey zand! A group of people from the community are organising their second diabetes meetup in London following the success of the last one in April! Click HERE for more info and get involved."

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's not just for type 1's, anyone is welcome and it's all inclusive. We had a mix last time (although majority were T1)

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@ewelina As this is in the type 1 forum, I am assuming only T1s are invited? I have no problem with this, but I am getting a banner across the page inviting me to look at this thread. It happens when I am not logged in too (but says 'guest'). Can you clarify please? If it is T1s only maybe that could be put in the banner? ............................

"Hey zand! A group of people from the community are organising their second diabetes meetup in London following the success of the last one in April! Click HERE for more info and get involved."
Hey Zand. As Aoife said everybody is welcome.Come along :)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it was mostly Type 1, I'm interested in talking to others on MDI and pumps, but also happy to meet type 2s (although I already know more type 2s in real life :) )

Reactions: 4 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As for location I had some research and found this pub
http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/
Apparently one of the top historical pub in London. There is a 360 Tour on their website and it looks quite big.http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/360-tour

Our nearest underground stations are Knightsbridge (Piccadilly); Sloane Square (District and Circle) and Victoria (Victoria, District and Circle) which is also a main line.
Pay and Display parking is available on Belgrave Square, which is free in certain areas after 13:30 on a Saturday and for the remainder of the weekend.

What do you think?

Reactions: 5 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As for location I had some research and found this pub
http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/
Apparently one of the top historical pub in London. There is a 360 Tour on their website and it looks quite big.http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/360-tour

Our nearest underground stations are Knightsbridge (Piccadilly); Sloane Square (District and Circle) and Victoria (Victoria, District and Circle) which is also a main line.
Pay and Display parking is available on Belgrave Square, which is free in certain areas after 13:30 on a Saturday and for the remainder of the weekend.

What do you think?
Looks good - plenty of space

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also had a look at their menu. It was a massive mistake as Im doing basal testing tonight:arghh:

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Would anyone be traveling into Charing cross mind meeting me there so can do underground together...I've done it countless times but still get very confused and panicky...would be much appreciated

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Would anyone be traveling into Charing cross mind meeting me there so can do underground together...I've done it countless times but still get very confused and panicky...would be much appreciated
Hi Natalie
I will be coming into Charing Cross, happy to meet you there and get the tube if you like

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looking good :) I'm looking forward to meeting fellow diabetics, particularly type 1s - I don't know any type 1s.

Reactions: 3 people

silverbirch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry can't make it. Too far for me and would be too costly. Sounds like fun though.

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Hi all count me in