diabetic meet up2, 27th of June,1 pm, www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL

Are you attending the meet up?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • May be able to.

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

green20

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As our meetup in April was such a success, I think its time for a second one :)
I suggest 13th of June, Saturday. Im not sure on location, and if there is anywhere you could recommend, that would be great. Weather is getting better, so maybe somewhere outside...
hi i would like to come please let me know whee and when?

eboniqueen_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would love to come but I need to know the distance from the nearest bus stop or station as I can't walk very far I'm a newbie too and I don't know any type 1's and no one apart from my kids r supportive

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would love to come but I need to know the distance from the nearest bus stop or station as I can't walk very far I'm a newbie too and I don't know any type 1's and no one apart from my kids r supportive

Easiest way to get an idea is use tfl.gov.uk enter where you will be getting in to London and SW1X 8HT and as the destination. I know from Victoria it is about a 10 minute walk or a few £ in a cab.

Reactions: 4 people

finney

Yes I forgot we are in UK :) i just wonder if there is any good pub with decent outside area somewhere central

Hi We meet up on the first Monday every two months in Beaconsfield, South Bucks. 7.30 ish at The White Hart. July 6th is our next date We have been meeting for about three years. We have good transport links and I am sure a pick up from the station could be arranged. contact me on [email protected]

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi We meet up on the first Monday every two months in Beaconsfield, South Bucks. 7.30 ish at The White Hart. July 6th is our next date We have been meeting for about three years. We have good transport links and I am sure a pick up from the station could be arranged. contact me on [email protected]
Lovely area for a meet up. Good to know there are other groups out there! You should definitely advertise it here :)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As Darren said I think the easiest way is to check on tfl. There is a plan your journey option which will give you some estimation time. Hope you will be able to make it :)

C

catherinecherub

But what to have for lunch?

emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji6.png
Belgrave Mews West 02072353019

Lunch Menu 12:00—15:00

Soup of the day £5
Smoked trout salad, radish, fennel, grapefruit & dill £7.25
Ham Hock & Mustard Terrine, caper berries & toast £6.50
Mozzarella & cherry tomatoes bruschetta, basil oil £4.50
Parma Ham, fig, hazelnuts, watercress £7.50
Roasted cod, olives & capers pepperonata, samphire & parsley butter £15
Pan seared chicken breast, peas, pancetta & Jerseys, tarragon pesto £11.50
Halloumi salad, asparagus, tomato, basil, hazelnuts, rocket & courgette £12
Chalcroft burger, burger sauce, pickled red onion, gem lettuce, tomato & chips £11.50 Frontier battered cod, minted pea puree, chips & tartare sauce £11.50
Homemade pasta of the day
Mussels, Cornish Ochard cider, creamed leeks & herb breadcrumbs £12
8oz rib eye, watercress, chips, chilli & tarragon butter £19.50
London Porter smoked salmon, nicoise salad, soft boiled egg £11

Sandwiches

Grilled chicken, courgette & tarragon pesto £7.50
House fish fingers, tartare sauce £7.50
Buffalo mozzarella, basil pesto, wild rocket & roasted peppers £7.50 Roast Beef, rocket, fried onions & Parmesan £7.50

~ available on ciabatta roll or flat bread

Puddings

Apple & Rhubarb crumble, cinnamon ice cream £6 Affogato, chopped hazelnuts & chocolate £4.50 Chocolate fudge cake & vanilla ice cream £5.50 British cheese, toast & apple chutney £9

Visit us on Sunday for a traditional roast served from 12:00—16:00 & 17:00—21:00

If you require information regarding the presence of allergens in any of your food or drink, please ask your server who will be happy to provide this information . Whilst a dish may not contain a specific allergen, due to the wide range of ingredients used in our kitchen foods may be at risk of cross contamination by other ingredients .

Reactions: 7 people

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Just realized it Ramadan, so will not be able to join you this time

bootyful0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
running
Oh this sounds great. I will try my hardest to get attend. Trying to get the day off work as we speak.

Reactions: 3 people

eboniqueen_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Easiest way to get an idea is use tfl.gov.uk enter where you will be getting in to London and SW1X 8HT and as the destination. I know from Victoria it is about a 10 minute walk or a few £ in a cab.
I tried the tfl site and my maps on my phone and the 10 minute walking distance from the bus stop is too far for me to walk and I'm on benefits so can't take a cab. Such a shame as I don't ever go out except to diabetic appointments so I don't see anyone or speak to anyone except my children

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tried the tfl site and my maps on my phone and the 10 minute walking distance from the bus stop is too far for me to walk and I'm on benefits so can't take a cab. Such a shame as I don't ever go out except to diabetic appointments so I don't see anyone or speak to anyone except my children
Could someone possibly assist you and come with you to the meeting? what part of London would you come from? I don't mind meeting you at the bus stop and walking with you to the pub if that helps :)

Reactions: 2 people