This Evenings Meal - Moussaka

juicer0

To safe tremendous grocery bill, soy milk maker is very potential service. It makes the milk more delicious and high quality. It is useful for every kitchen.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
MCMLXXIII said:
Its not far off a tagine really is it?

Tagines tend to be more stew like where as moussaka sits on a plate in a block as the aubergines and cheese help it give it stability and a firmness absent in a tagine.

A tagine is actually named after the earthenware pot that its cooked in so its ingredients can vary quite a bit :thumbup:

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just read this, havent had moussaka for yonks and had forgotten about it entirely. As it happens Im off to greek restaurant with friends tomorrow night so think I might just check the menu before I start picking the carbs out of my meze!

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just wanted to say that I've made this 3 times now (about to do the 4th) and it is absolutely delicious, thanks very much :hungry:

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently made moussaka using lamb neck and lamb skirt (including some ribs so not sure if strictly skirt). For both the lamb needed to be cooked long and slow in the tomato/spices so it was falling off the bones. Took it off bone and shredded it then made into moussaka. Yum!