Online fraud

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Careful with that! (keep a baseball & glove with it!) If you knock the **** out of a burglar with the bat alone you could leave yourself open, but if the bat is with the rest of the equiptment,you can claim the bats's presence is part of your sports kit and it's presence is coincidental!

Handy I keep a weighted bottomed microphone stand near my recording equipment! Lol :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I didn't mention an email, so this person does not know my address. If it was,, then I would just report and delete.

Unfortunately now you have replied the sender does know your address as it will be in the email header information, never ever reply to any spam just bin it and move along.

I have 8 current email addresses and get loads of spam even with the spam filters in my email accounts and Thunderbird the email client I use on my PC and I still get plenty of spam mainly from spoofed email addresses the worst thing that you can do is reply as they just target you more.

I even got loads of spam calls on my android phone but have now installed an app called "Should I answer" which uses a data base of numbers used for spam calls and bars them, not foolproof but better than nothing and it learns as you add any numbers that still get through :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Unfortunately now you have replied the sender does know your address as it will be in the email header information, never ever reply to any spam just bin it and move along.

I have 8 current email addresses and get loads of spam even with the spam filters in my email accounts and Thunderbird the email client I use on my PC and I still get plenty of spam mainly from spoofed email addresses the worst thing that you can do is reply as they just target you more.

I even got loads of spam calls on my android phone but have now installed an app called "Should I answer" which uses a data base of numbers used for spam calls and bars them, not foolproof but better than nothing and it learns as you add any numbers that still get through :)

Thank you Sid, but this individual does not know my email address.
I will say again, though, I DID NOT receive the message via an email. I did not go into my email account and see it. But thank you all for your concern, I do get junk mail in my email account( and it normally goes straight into spam )

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Sid, but this individual does not know my email address.
I will say again, though, I DID NOT receive the message via an email. I did not go into my email account and see it. But thank you all for your concern, I do get junk mail in my email account( and it normally goes straight into spam )

So was it from a PM on a forum? If so, you really should report it to the Administrator. Most fora do not allow access to PM's for non-registered guests. If he was registered, the Admin will have his email and server details and may be able to deal with him. If he wasn't registered, then that forum is not safe.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So was it from a PM on a forum? If so, you really should report it to the Administrator. Most fora do not allow access to PM's for non-registered guests. If he was registered, the Admin will have his email and server details and may be able to deal with him. If he wasn't registered, then that forum is not safe.

Thank you Bluetit, I did report it and then blocked the person and deleted it also It wasn't from here.

Reactions: 3 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
My apologies rrb when you said you had replied to them I wrongly assumed that you were talking about emails as these types of scam are so common :)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My apologies rrb when you said you had replied to them I wrongly assumed that you were talking about emails as these types of scam are so common :)

No problem Sid, thank you again :)