Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know of a free app for I phone 5 for carbs and cals etc

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try MyFitnessPal. It is not too bad and you can scan barcodes to find the food item.

It's not too bad for free but I think there is an element of user input to the database so it may not always be 100% accurate.

You may also find that some entries don't have the carbs as sometimes it will only have calories.

The official Carbs and Cals app is also not too bad for £3.99.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I also recommend the MyFitnessPal app - it's a shame it doesn't seem to allow BG tests to be recorded (unless someone knows how), but I've found it to be accurate and less fiddly than spreadsheets - I was using the Google Sheets app. The barcode scanner is very easy to use. It's also easy to quickly build up "standard meals" if you tend to cook or eat the same meals on a regular basis, so you don't have to input the same ingredients repeatedly.

Interestingly, MyFitnessApp gives you much more data to analyse than carbs - I was particularly keen to see my calorie intake as I keep losing weight (appreciate others may not have this concern, but it can be used as a diet aid) and I also learnt that my diet is deficient in vitamin C, calcium and iron.

Reactions: 2 people

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I've been using My Fitness Pal for ages and think it's brilliant. The database is really extensive and it's easy to key in your own recipes. For carb counting I'd be lost without it. I'd happily pay, but it's free!

Reactions: 2 people