Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dieting for diabetics requires very strong disipline, having to eat steak, salad and drink red wine is a very good example of the sacrifices and compromises that one must make in order to maintain good BG values. well done.

If ever there was a brilliant quote.........Love it ; -)

Reactions: 17 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.5 mmol / L this morning.
5.2 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time past 1am but, grateful to get around 8 hours sleep.

Been very busy recently - hence absence from here. Hoping to resume normal service soon - whatever normal is! ;)

Reactions: 26 people

katyb42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 mmol / L this morning.
5.2 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time past 1am but, grateful to get around 8 hours sleep.

Been very busy recently - hence absence from here. Hoping to resume normal service soon - whatever normal is! ;)
5.1 today

Reactions: 25 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
You are consistently low every day....how on earth do you do it???
By weighing everything i eat and only eating 20g of carbs, 40g of protein ,and 120 g of good fat, my weight is still falling steadily,now down to 13st 3 lbs from 16st 8 lbs last septof and i forgot to mention exercises....10 miles on my exercise bike am then 50 situps and 30 mins of weights

Reactions: 18 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
By weighing everything i eat and only eating 20g of carbs, 40g of protein ,and 120 g of good fat, my weight is still falling steadily,now down to 13st 3 lbs from 16st 8 lbs last sept
Very impressed with your total dedication. Amazing results too...well done :) I do low carb but not as meticulously as too low makes me lose weight and I am struggling now to keep my weight UP lol. Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: 14 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By weighing everything i eat and only eating 20g of carbs, 40g of protein ,and 120 g of good fat, my weight is still falling steadily,now down to 13st 3 lbs from 16st 8 lbs last septof and i forgot to mention exercises....10 miles on my exercise bike am then 50 situps and 30 mins of weights
holy s**t!! i bow to you sir.

Reactions: 15 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Just catching up with the posts and realised I never posted this earlier!

Maxwell

Reactions: 24 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dieting for diabetics requires very strong disipline, having to eat steak, salad and drink red wine is a very good example of the sacrifices and compromises that one must make in order to maintain good BG values. well done.
All hail ye Pasha of wisdom & all, for thy word is ointment for us... All;-)

Reactions: 15 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at midday when I was able to focus - slightly overdid it on the red wine last night :hungover:

Reactions: 26 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, that is very impressive! Isn't 40g of protein too little, though, especially with all that exercise - aren't you worried you're losing muscle as well as fat?

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, here I am, having survived another 13 hrs shift:-/
As I said, I seem to successfully have succeeded through another "what, and how much carbs I can still have", after declaring myself a "cereal, rice, potatoes and pasta FREE zone":p
I ate 3 slices of GF tapioca bread, butter, italian dry cured salami, 4 boiled eggs, a small portion of cheddar, 8 mini plum tomatoes, small portion of boiled dry cured meat and mustard, all spread throughout 3 meals. I was able to do only 4 testings, as follows:
-morning FBG 5.0
-2hrs after midday meal 6.3 accompanied by a mild headache, which might have been caused by a prolonged exposure in an area with a very low set air conditioning??
-before evening meal 5.3
-4hrs after evening meal 5.5
After all, I guess it wasn't bad at all, and given I don't add any other carbs, a daily average under 40 grams, should be still safe;-)
Any ideas, suggestions, are welcome:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So, here I am, having survived another 13 hrs shift:-/
As I said, I seem to successfully have succeeded through another "what, and how much carbs I can still have", after declaring myself a "cereal, rice, potatoes and pasta FREE zone":p
I ate 3 slices of GF tapioca bread, butter, italian dry cured salami, 4 boiled eggs, a small portion of cheddar, 8 mini plum tomatoes, small portion of boiled dry cured meat and mustard, all spread throughout 3 meals. I was able to do only 4 testings, as follows:
-morning FBG 5.0
-2hrs after midday meal 6.3 accompanied by a mild headache, which might have been caused by a prolonged exposure in an area with a very low set air conditioning??
-before evening meal 5.3
-4hrs after evening meal 5.5
After all, I guess it wasn't bad at all, and given I don't add any other carbs, a daily average under 40 grams, should be still safe;-)
Any ideas, suggestions, are welcome:-D
Hi moshebenyehuda, your doing wellremember that as an active working man you need 2.000 cals a day on average minimum, he trick is to get those cals in lchf ,personally as a coach driver ,i need about 1200 cals a day, of these i eat 20 g carb 30g protein and 120 g good fats.all the best and keep up the good work

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi moshebenyehuda, your doing wellremember that as an active working man you need 2.000 cals a day on average minimum, he trick is to get those cals in lchf ,personally as a coach driver ,i need about 1200 cals a day, of these i eat 20 g carb 30g protein and 120 g good fats.all the best and keep up the good work
Thank you Clive, it looks I need to start counting all calories again, at least to make myself an idea. I did for a while with My Fitness Pal, but I got tired:-/
Good advice, thanks again:)

Reactions: 9 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
68 mg/dl or 3.77 mmoles/l and 5.2 mmoles/l of ketones. Perfect blue sky at the moment and can still see the moon. Pretty soon the firey sun will chase the moon out of sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 27 people
Status
Not open for further replies.