Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sending lots of:-

bear_hug.jpg
X

Reactions: 4 people

Merrylizard1314

I do hope the op goes well for your little girl @MrsMac,
it is such a worry when a little one is unwell,
but you sound so together now, with your preparations in place. You already are the mummy she needs.
Warm wishes to you

Reactions: 5 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mrsmac247 Said a prayer for you, your husband, and your sweet little girl. May the surgery go well.

You are strong. Keep up the good work and focus on eating foods that will energize you, rather than deplete you. Of course, building in some room for chocolate is never a bad thing either. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wanted to come back to let you all know that the surgery went very well today and to thank you all for your warm words, positive thoughts and prayers. Baby was in theatre for 3.5 hours whilst we climbed the walls lol then to our suprise as her vitals were good they let us go home today.

Some of my packing got left behind in the early morning chaos but on the whole, I think I done well. For breakfast we went to the hospital restaurant and had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and mushrooms. I didn't manage to do the bacon lettuce wrap last night as I was shattered!

Snacks were the cheesy crackers as well as cheese slice and lunch was two chicken drumsticks and a slice of cheese. Ended up eating another cheese slice when we were leaving as we were but staying for dinner.

Drinks were two bottles of water and a ginger beer lite as well as 3 cups of tea with a splash of full fat milk.

And hubby has just gone out to get a double cheese burger minus the ketchup and bun as we are starving.

I decided not to count my carbs in the app today and realise that my menu is quite protein heavy...although it has been heading that way for days.

But Once again, I sincerely thank you all for your encouragement. I would say today was a successful day all around ..Now to build up some muscle to lift her whilst she has on a full body cast for 8 weeks#

Reactions: 14 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Aaww, I am so pleased that all went well today, a big weight off your mind I bet. Good luck with the next 8 weeks, I hope the cast doesn't make her too uncomfortable. Sending lots of good wishes and wishing your little girl a healthy recovery.

Lots of love RRB x

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
.Now to build up some muscle to lift her whilst she has on a full body cast for 8 weeks#
Haha! That's the spirit.
So glad it's gone ok, and well done for sorting out your diet so brilliantly. Hoorah for cheese!

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I'm so pleased for you, your husband and, of course, your little girl. Now you need to take care of yourself over the next few days/weeks to enable you to take care of your precious daughter.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news!

So glad the little one is doing so well :D

And well done on beating the carb fest! Just keep your guard up for a day or so, and you will be home and dry.

Consider yourself hugely hugged!

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news. Glad to hear that the surgery was successful and she (and you) is doing well.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm extremely pleased for you all. It must be such a relief to have the day over and done with. On a personal front, if you could get over that bump in the road, without damage, you must be extremely proud.

I'm sure the coming weeks, as she recovers will bring challenges and fatigue of their own, but in situations like this, puting one foot in front of the other and repeating seems like a great way to make progress.

Well done you.