Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How long will rolls last? Bought some on Friday evening, froze them but left1 out & discovered it today, chuck it or not?

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How long will rolls last? Bought some on Friday evening, froze them but left1 out & discovered it today, chuck it or not?
Nooo am sure it will be fine.....they are very robust so unless is any kind of mould or bad smell just eat it. I find they benefit from being warmed slightly in the microwave...about 30 to 40 seconds wrapped in a piece of kitchen towel....makes them softer and less chewy

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These rolls are great! They are fab for cheese on toast.Usually I can get three slices outa one and pile on the cheddar,quite a lot of cheddar.............LOTS of cheddar............in fact gotta go!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How can you be sure they are 9carbs when they are loose with no packaging ?
They are more than 9g carb as that is for 100g and they weigh more but they have all but no effect on bg. The figures are on this thread somewhere and official from Lidl

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Still not managed to stop at my local Lidl store and pick up these rolls. Must try harder!

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lidl website has the details.They vary slightly in weight,I know as I have weighed them! But I take it as 11.5g of carbs per roll.A small price to pay for proper,substantial,satisfying bread...guilt free.Cheese on toast,French toast......toast,cut up small and baked in the oven for pate and melba toast....or just bread and butter.A staple for me as a former bread fiend.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl website has the details.They vary slightly in weight,I know as I have weighed them! But I take it as 11.5g of carbs per roll.A small price to pay for proper,substantial,satisfying bread...guilt free.Cheese on toast,French toast......toast,cut up small and baked in the oven for pate and melba toast....or just bread and butter.A staple for me as a former bread fiend.
Exactly....they are a bread lovers paradise and worth every single carb. So versatile too....endless possibilities

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried other bread and making my own.I cannot believe the price of Almond flour!!! But so far these hit the spot nicely.I had to go to three Lidl's yesterday to get my stash!!! Haven't tried the Livilife bread yet tho.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried other bread and making my own.I cannot believe the price of Almond flour!!! But so far these hit the spot nicely.I had to go to three Lidl's yesterday to get my stash!!! Haven't tried the Livilife bread yet tho.
Thing is....where else can you get a ''bread fix'' AND a huge amount of protein at such a low price?...makes simple sense to have them if you want both the fix and a good source of protein for not a lot of money

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is civilise bread?

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to the people of Bordon, I have just cleared out all 11 rolls from Lidl! Should be enough to keep me going until half-term!

Reactions: 3 people

khorlo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are an amazing find these triangular beasts.
They are so tasty especially toasted and soaked in butter.I add a large dollop of butter and as it melts it forms a pool of butter.I wait 3 min until it sinks into it then i devour it silently in total bliss.
I have read through this thread quite a bit hoping to find people talking about the recipe of these rolls but found nothing.
Anybody knows what's the recipe?

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are an amazing find these triangular beasts.
They are so tasty especially toasted and soaked in butter.I add a large dollop of butter and as it melts it forms a pool of butter.I wait 3 min until it sinks into it then i devour it silently in total bliss.
I have read through this thread quite a bit hoping to find people talking about the recipe of these rolls but found nothing.
Anybody knows what's the recipe?
Not sure what info you want but this link might help?

http://nuutrii.com/article/lidl-protein-bread-rolls-review