Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing unusual to report. Tested for 3 hours with no spike - barely a blip.
Good to hear.....unfortunately I have had to stop eating them for a while to test a different effect they may be having but good to know others can still eat them with confidence :).thanks for confirming :)

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Good to hear.....unfortunately I have had to stop eating them for a while to test a different effect they may be having but good to know others can still eat them with confidence :)
Hope you get sorted soon. I make a soya free bread (if that is the problem) May be able to load it with nuts and seeds to make something edible if you find out you have to give up the Lidl ones. Fingers crossed for you x

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@learning2me Seems all is okay with the rolls so don't worry too much...you should be fine with them :)
I wouldn't go that far yet. I am north of the border and that can make a difference in the world of low carb bread!* Best wait until you hear from Lidl. And keep testing if there is any doubt :)

*never got HiLo, no Livlife to be found these days.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you get sorted soon. I make a soya free bread (if that is the problem) May be able to load it with nuts and seeds to make something edible if you find out you have to give up the Lidl ones. Fingers crossed for you x
Yes it is the soya thats the problem....I have been searching for a recipe for some kind of bread I can make/eat but haven't found one yet. Life is difficult without bread and I so miss the rolls already

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't go that far yet. I am north of the border and that can make a difference in the world of low carb bread!* Best wait until you hear from Lidl. And keep testing if there is any doubt :)

*never got HiLo, no Livlife to be found these days.
I can't see they would change the contents but of course you are right...better to be safe than sorry

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yes it is the soya thats the problem....I have been searching for a recipe for some kind of bread I can make/eat but haven't found one yet. Life is difficult without bread and I so miss the rolls already
I quite like these rolls and add mixed seeds to them. Not as bread-like as the Lidl ones so remember to lower your expectations. Bread is more of an occasional treat these days.

http://divaliciousrecipes.com/2013/07/27/amazing-bread-rolls-grain-free-gluten-free-and-low-carb/

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps a body builder with a felt pen is sabotaging the labels to put us off buying them :jimlad:
Lol...could be...they buy them by the basket full here....sneaky beggars lie in wait for each bake of them. I have never seen and labels on them other than just High Protein rolls so was surprised to hear of carb content being on a label, especially as they have them listed on their website with all the carb and protein values clearly stated

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you!
I had a message from LIDL themselves this morning and they are looking into the question of how many carbs are in the rolls now. They will get back to very soon and that will confirm officially for us one way or the other. My reply yesterday was based on a test done by a member who had bought and tested the rolls yesterday. The answer from LIDL themselves will be official and hopefully put our minds at rest :)

Reactions: 2 people

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've searched the Lidl website and it seems that not one of the 20 closest stores stock these delights. Luckily my husband works near one that does, so I'm sending him on a mission!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
They all look so gruesomely burnt in our store that nobody buys them.

iHs

The Lidl near me (West London) is now selling them. They taste a bit like a chewy version of soya and linseed bread. Fairly nice. Not sure what the true carb content really is as I think it might be a bit higher than quoted or maybe it's the protein content that makes bg rise.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Lidl near me (West London) is now selling them. They taste a bit like a chewy version of soya and linseed bread. Fairly nice. Not sure what the true carb content really is as I think it might be a bit higher than quoted or maybe it's the protein content that makes bg rise.
The rolls weigh over 100g which the figures are stated for so that has to be accounted for. Generally 98% of people that eat them don't have any problem with them. Most find them tasty and filling and a superb way to finally be able to eat some kind of bread again without big rises in bg. There will always be exceptions of course...not everyone will like them or be able to tolerate them but in the main , most are able to and love them :)

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

The rolls weigh over 100g which the figures are stated for so that weight be accounted for. Generally 98% of people that econtrolled n't have any problem with them. Most find them tasty and filling and a superb way to finally be able to eat some kind of bread again without big rises in bg. There will always be exceptions of course...not everyone will like them or be able to tolerate them but in the main , most are able to and love them :)

Hi I agree

I hope that Sainsburys, Tesco and Morrisons also consider baking low carb bread rolls as a means to help people lose weight if they need to and to help keep bg levels better controlled for the growing rise in diabetes diagnosis.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a message from LIDL themselves this morning and they are looking into the question of how many carbs are in the rolls now. They will get back to very soon and that will confirm officially for us one way or the other. My reply yesterday was based on a test done by a member who had bought and tested the rolls yesterday. The answer from LIDL themselves will be official and hopefully put our minds at rest :)
I will be very interested with the reply you get. Thanks for contacting them.
I managed to buy some this week. I had one yesterday with my usual breakfast of scrambled egg and mushrooms. I normally have one thin small slice of wholemeal bread 9 carbs. With the Lidl roll instead I went up 1.4 after 2 hours which I think is about usual for me. I found it a lot more filling and thought half a roll would have been enough. The calories seem high at 268 per 100g. No problem for me as I'm no longer needing to lose weight and will mean I can have things like cheese on toast now or even a salad filled roll.. So thanks for this.