1st Appointment?

Beks

Hey,
My first appointment will be sometime next week, I am just wondering what will happen, will I be given all the information and insulin if needed and shown how to do it and so on? All that I have had so far is the doctor tell me I am diabetic but he doesn't know what type yet and perscribed Metformin until I go to the hospital?

Thanks. x

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Appointment can be very good and informative but can also be less so depending on your doctor and your relationship with him/her. Some GP's are very knowledgeable but most know very little about diabetes despite it being so prevalent now.

There used to be is a thread on the forum somewhere that lists the sort of questions you may want to ask your doctor at your first diabetic appointment but I cant find it, anyone? (edit - see link below :D )

I always write down questions that I think of prior to my appointments so that I can take a list of everything I want to know with me as it is often easy to forget something especially when possibly being bombarded with information and jargon that you may not have heard before.

Good luck

ps. found it, have a look here for some info on First Diabetes Appointments viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17091